VINE VOICEon 7 June 2010
This is Harry Connick Jr. at his most seasonal and joyous. The rip-roaring arrangements and orchestrations on the tracks are superb and this is a terrific Christmas album that stands tall and strong. Harry Connick Jr. gives us four wonderful self-penned up beat Christmas tracks that are mixed in with the usual favourite classic songs on here including 'It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year', 'O Come All Ye Faithful' and 'Winter Wonderland' featuring a glorious duet with his daughter, Kate Connick.

I would find it difficult to choose a particular favourite on here. All the songs are catchy and beautifully played by all concerned. I've fallen in love with Harry Connick Jr's voice all over again. His voice, on this album in particular, really shines on all the songs. In my opinion, this album is a wonderful and delicious follow up to 'Oh My Nola'/'My New Orleans' which he released the year before in 2007.

Harry Connick Jr. is back to his awe inspiring best and long may it continue. Bravo.
on 21 February 2017
A lovely mix of sacred and secular music, lots of fun for Christmas
on 19 December 2013
I would have given this album 5 stars except I didn't care for a couple of his songs that he changed up a bit. His voice is dreamy as are his looks, but unfortunately this isn't a DVD. It's a very good Christmas album and I'm glad I added it to my collection.
on 30 March 2012
Disappointing. His arrangement of Winter Wonderland used in 'when Harry met Sally' is joyful and brilliant - this isn't. Amazon offer track previews of this album. Listen to see if this matches your expectations of this sometimes brilliant recording artist. It didn't meet mine: I found it to be a series of relatively unknown, not terribly seasonal (sticking the word Santa in the lyrics, or shaking sleigh bells during the intro, doesn't qualify), big band numbers. The Winter Wonderland on this album is far removed from the instrumental previously issued.
on 23 January 2012
I bought this because it got a high rating in the paper. I love Harry and was expecting cool jazz arrangements. I have to confess, I haven't listened to the whole thing, because I don't like it. The tracks I've listened to are not to my taste at all, so I am disappointed. I find the backing muddled and annoying.
on 4 February 2014
Would definitely recommend this album for anyone who likes easy-to-listen-to Christmas jingles. Most tracks are good but there are a couple that could really do with not being on there - reason for the 4 stars.
on 20 November 2014
fantastic cf for Christmas
on 18 February 2013
Do enjoy the songs from the likes of Mat Monroe, Frank Sinatra,Bing Crosby etc. then you will enjoy this CD.
on 2 March 2015
It's a great Album, his voice is superb
on 11 December 2014
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse