Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 14 September 2017
English option too delighted to have received it as had first dvd Karol the Man who would become Pope.
on 8 June 2014
I bought this DVD that follows on from the first film Karol(the story of the younger Pope John Paul the 2nd).I loved the first film and found it deeply moving,but I also enjoyed this DVD very much,and I am so glad I bought it as it continues to tell the story of this remarkable man where the first film left off.

Pope John Paul the 2nd was doubtless a man "made" for the people.He was passionate,loving,caring & devoted to good Christian causes.It shows the affinity he had with Mother Teresa,and the visit he made to India especially to see her work amongst the very poor.He also visited South America and spoke to Romero the Priest who was eventually gunned down in front of his huge congregation.Pope John Paul was extremely upset about what happened to Romero,and felt that the Church had let him down......they should have protected him more than they did.

The shooting in St Peter's Square,was a terrible tragedy.Here we have a wonderful man,giving the people of Rome the chance to see and talk with their much loved Pope,when this gunman opened fire.The subsequent operations and health problems he endured all stemmed in the main from the shooting,and yet,once he was able,he visited the gunman in prison and forgave him in his own imitable way.

No need for me to tell the reader any more as other writers have very eloquently "beaten" me to it shall we say..Suffice to say that you should buy this film and also the previous film called Karol. Two wonderful films that will give you an idea of this Polish giant among Christians.
on 11 March 2013
As an atheist who struggles to understand how millions of people can be duped by the pomp and ritual of the Catholic Church, I was surprised to find myself moved and impressed by this film. It is beautifully made, and what impresses is the humanity and vulnerability of the man, rather than his official function; hence the title. It is a sequel to "Karol, A man Who Became Pope" although I didn't realise this at the time, and it didn't matter as this film stands perfecty well alone.I have now seen the first film about his early life, which is almost as impressive, but not quite.
on 28 January 2016
What a beautiful film....worth every penny. Piotr Adamczyk played the role of Saint John Paul 11 brilliantly...What a star !!!....What a performance !!! It's a film we are going to be watching over and over again. We adored John Paul and the producers couldn't have picked a better ( and lookalike ) man to play his role.....( just wish there were more films of him playing John Paul ). Bravo again...film very well done !!!!!
on 11 July 2013
Excellently put together, Adamczyk plays Karol Wojtyla in the second half of his llife which will be more familiar to most of us, with the same warmth and humility that he did in the first film. I have given it 4 stars because I don't think it could live up to: Karol, A Man Who Became Pope. I just got the feeling that the first half of his life journey was slightly more romantic and exciting.
on 23 January 2015
Excellent story well acted. The only 2 things which spoiled the film were the Pope"s makeup & we had problems trying to get english & not Italian dialogue. We got it eventually - the dvd box was all in Italian which did not help. Other than that very good
on 5 April 2016
A fantastic follow on from the film 'Karol'. Beautifully filmed and superb acting. Warning, try not to watch this without first watching the prequal film KAROL.
on 27 March 2015
It was very well acted and very moving with so much of what has gone on in our lifetimes included in the pontificate of this wonderful Pope
on 26 June 2013
Very interesting film,purchased after watching Karol the man who became Pope DVD fascinating to watch and very informative in respect of his life.
on 19 May 2015
Great film and follow on from Karol