on 1 February 2009
Wow, this is an absolute steal at this price!! A friend had bought an identical one (apart from it having silver legs) for double the price at a well known high street electrical store.

Once set-up (about 15-20mins) and in place, it looks fantastic. Its got a great solid build quality to it.
The instructions are clear and once you have spent a few minutes going over them, it really is a simple build task. No need for any extra tools either. I would probably suggest getting a second person to help turn it over once built if your not feeling too strong as it is a heavy piece of equipment.

Two things to note, do not over tighten the nuts that hold the glass in place with the allen key. Tighten by hand and then adjust slightly with said allen key.

The space between the bottom glass shelf and middle glass shelf is approx 8 inch (20cm) and same for middle to top glass shelf. I didnt know this and was a bit worried my amp would not fit in. Luckily it did.

So, if your looking for a great piece of equipment for you new LCD TV etc then I strongly suggest this. You really will not be dissapointed!!!!

PS If you find the bolts sticking out of the bottom, you have set it up incorrectly, just flip the feet over so the bolts are in the cap. The instructions are not correct
55 Comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2009
I ordered this because I wanted something that looked good but could also support the weight of a large plasma screen. It arrived very well packaged and hardly took any time at all to assemble. It looks great & easily takes the weight of the TV and other set-top boxes with no problems. Great value.

PS. For J.D. Harris & others who commented on the bolts at the bottom. Flip the feet over so the protruding bolts are contained within the cap. That's the way it's meant to be assembled but the instructions incorrectly show the feet the other way up (small printing error easily corrected) :)
on 4 December 2016
This is a great product - it took a little time to put together but it feels like a premium product at a bargain price.

When building, do be a little careful to align the legs before tightening as they can look a little odd if they are out of align.

As the title of this review says, this is an absolute dust magnet so might not be one for those who would dislike this, but I have not marked the product down for this as it is the nature of any shiny black product.
on 1 November 2013
The tv stand was delivered on time and was packaged well. Once opened, we took about 10 minutes to read through the graphic instructions (pictures are quite detailed) and thoroughly check that all pieces were present and correct. It arrived late in the day, so we tacked the assembly next morning.

The previous reviewers are correct in saying this is a 2-person job, as this is a substantial piece of furniture. The assembly is done top-side down, so at the very least, you will need someone to help you turn it over safely, once it is completely assembled.

We timed ourselves, and it took us 30 minutes to put it together. There weren't any hiccups and it looks really beautiful in our lounge with existing wenge-wood furniture. The cable management is also quite nice. We pulled the cables through the cable management and then used velcro ties Reusable Ties, Adjustable, Pre-cut, 8", 100/PK, Black and Mixed Wrap Cable Fastener for UK 3PIN Chargers to secure the cables to the cable management shaft and tidy up any excess length. Looks very sharp and no cables showing!!

There is plenty of shelf space for all our components (55-inch tv, blu-ray, cd player, fm tuner, xbox, and sky box) and the shelves are quite wide, allowing large sound bar to sit in front of the tv, along with array of remote controls.

If you have a large or wide screen telly, this is the stand, especially at this price -- why not?!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 June 2015
This is a stand that met my exact criteria.
I have a 3D LG TV and, as a result, I don't want the TV too low. Too low and you will start to see double at the bottom of the screen.
This stand combines a stylish and modern look with good height and a great customer service.
I had been in touch with the suppliers / manufacturers listed in the instruction guide that comes with the unit. They have a great response time and a great service and etiquette so you will be sure to be looked after if not satisfied too.

Easy to build. Sturdy. Accommodates my 55" TV just fine.
No complaints after 10 months
on 14 January 2013
At less than £50 including delivery this stand is very good value for money. It is easy to construct and is a perfect size for my 42" TV. On delivery I was concerned that the packaging looked rather battered; it is a heavy piece of kit and could easily receive damage in transit. On opening, I found that the expanded polystyrene packaging was broken but the main parts of the stand were perfect. Strangely the only damage was to the contents of an ancillaries package containing small plastic disc-like spacers which fit onto the ends of the steel tubes which separate the shelves. A number of these were shattered. After contacting the helpline I was immediately emailed with the promise of replacements which arrived shortly afterwards. Of all the components comprising this stand these small plastic discs are perhaps the only weakness. They would be better if made of a less brittle plastic. However the swift replacement overcame this problem and once installed they are in no way vulnerable and do the job satisfactorily. All in all it is an attractive, good quality item and well worth the money. I would not hesitate to recommend it.
on 14 January 2010
A solid product in terms of value and, indeed, weight! With the three glass shelves it's heavier than the 37 inch TV that sits on it. It's a great stand that looks very stylish in my lounge.

The stand arrived extremely well packaged - the environmentalist in me was a little guilty at the amount of packaging I have recycled, but that meant any knocks or scrapes in transit had no impact on the product. The instructions were fairly straightforward (even where no detailed descriptions were included for part numbers) and anyone with a modicum of common sense will quickly assemble in less than 20 minutes.

I'm surprised that there is no 'cable tidy' at the back of the wiring access area; this has an impact if the shelves are not filled with items as you'll be able to see the large holes at the back with the cabling. In fairness it's a fairly small niggle, hence deducting only one star.

Even though I measured the space where this unit would be placed it is still a lot wider than I imagined and suggest you double check your measurements versus the dimensions before ordering.

I'm extremely pleased with this purchase; the description, measurements and quality of the product were exactly as described on Amazon.
VINE VOICEon 10 November 2010
bought this stand on monday and it was deliverd wednesday without requesting 2 day priority delivery just the standard free 4-7 delivery so was impressed with speed,well packed nothing missing or damaged, built the main stand set up using supplied instuctions which were simple and straight forward in 20 or so minutes but then took 15 minutes to attach the cable managment so i would recommend to purchasers to attach this to the top shelf first and not last as per instuctions as you have to try and attach small bolts behind the plate blind but apart from this small niggle does its job well looks good with my panasonic 42" plasma, the shelf size makes my sky box look tiny and has plenty room for storage of dvd's cd's etc or ample space for a modular hifi or surround system, at this price it's a bargain when compared to high street retail stands, base line would i recommend this product YES
on 14 February 2011
Having recently ordered a new telly, I clearly needed a new stand for it. Looking around, TV stands seemed massively overpriced.. With a determination not to spend over £50 if I didn't have to, I was very pleasantly surprised to find this stand.

It's a great size for the 40" TV (with the stand projecting a couple of inches extra either side of the TV), a comfortable 'viewing height', and plenty of space on the shelves.

Being a predominantly glass product, I was concerned about it being damaged in transit, but it was very well packaged indeed. No problems. It is, inherently, a very heavy product though (about 25kg) - just something to bare in mind if you're living in a 4 storey flat..! I didn't have any problems putting it together and the nescessary tools are included in the pack (wrench thing).

The black glass/metal look is very sleek and compliments most new (black) LED TVs very nicely.

Overall, a very nice stand at a great price. Spot on.
on 10 January 2011
This TV stand is completely fantastic, and was ideal for my home (I have recently moved and it is now carefully waiting until I have a bigger place again). I found it easy to put together with the help of my dad, all the parts where included and everything needed to put it back together. I don't think it took us much time at all. The glass is thick and heavy, which is just what you want when you are going to be putting a heavy TV on top of it, and when assembled it fits perfectly against a wall, or in a corner in my case. There is room for the TV and whatever else you want with it. I had my BT Vision box and DVD Player on mine, and they looked fantastic since they are all black. I never had any problems with it in the 6 months it was used, and I look forward to using it again when I have my own place.

One thing I would recommend though, is that you keep the packaging. I am not sure if it was my choice, or a result of the construction, but I didn't keep the packaging, and as such when I moved house we had to carefully wrap the glass to keep it from being damaged - not easy when you travel as far as I did!

Fully recommended, for this price this product is amazing. Easily as good as anything which costs considerably more!