Colour: Midnight Blue|Change

on 13 May 2009
Thermos Stainless King Flask with Handle 1.2 Litre Blue

On the lake fishing at 0700, nice cup of tea, still fishing at 1830 and the last cup in the flask is still piping hot.
This flask does everything it says in the packet, drinks hot all day.
Last week I went out and did not finish the flask, 2 days later i opened it and the liquid was still hot, not piping hot but good to drink.
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2011
I do a lot of hillwalking and I've been using an Aladdin Adventure vacuum flask for many years. The flask itself was sound but the cup started to break apart so I decided to buy this Thermos flask. I used it for the first time on Saturday and I was impressed. I filled it with coffee at 7am or there abouts, got on the hills about 8:15 and arrived home about 3:30. We noticed that the coffee was considerably hotter when stored in the Thermos compared to the Aladdin. It was actually too hot to drink when poured into the cups during our first coffee break; we had to extend our break to allow the coffee to cool down. But what really impressed me was that when I washed out the flask at 10:30 that night... the remaining coffee appeared to be as warm as it would have been had we been using the Aladdin during our first coffee break. I never expected that.

I was a bit concerned that the handle might rattle in my rucksack and that I might have to tape it down or remove it, but it's fine.

This is a great product.
44 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2010
This is the only flask, that is an unremitting pleasure in that it consistently pours hot drinks, the whole day long (haven't tried it longer). Unlike other flasks, of which i have a collection gathering dust, it does not seem to stop working. All these other flasks over time somehow lost their heat retaining capacity, and after a couple of hours, become tepid - possibly because of being dropped. I have dropped this one as well, but it's doing fine. The sealing cap is screw top, not the perishable rubber type of seal that is common feature of other ones, and that has often caused me leakage problems. No leakage here at all. I was worried it would be a bit too bulky to carry, what with the handle as well as the fatter shape, but it isn't much bigger. The extra capacity (1.2l) is welcome. Definately worth the money.
on 25 February 2014
I am a camping, picnic fanatic and over the years have had my fair share of flasks form the stainless steel type bought from the local supermarket to plastic insulated ones and they all have ranged from varying degrees of plain poor and useless, to satisfactory and quite good, but that was up until the purchase of my very glamorous redThermos King (don't know why the heading says food flask it most definitely is not) the flasks that always kept my drinks hottest the longest was the glass ones, the last one of these bit the dust after the smallest of knocks while in my bag last year...gutted. I researched high and low in pursuit of a flask that would take the knocks and still keep my drinks hot for a long period of time. My search is officially over I have in my possession the flask that is truly the 'King' of all flasks. I was loathe to pay £25 for something as mundane and unexciting as a drinks flask, but based on the reviews and weighing up the amount of money I have paid on flasks that don't really punch their weight I decided to bite the bullet and I am so chuffed to say that I have NO REGRETS. This flask is simply amazing... and I really mean amazing. I confess that I have not tried the 24 hour test that it claims on the flask but I have primed the flask at 11am and filled with hot water and did not open again until 8pm that evening. I was astonished to find that when I poured my first cup the steam that came out of this flask was like I had just boiled the kettle. The water was so hot it was in fact undrinkable for a least five minutes. literally UNDRINKABLE!. So with regards to its claim to keep hot for 24 hours - I have no doubt it will be able to measure up and pass with flying colours.
Do not hesitate, dither or procrastinate just buy this flask it will be the only flask you will ever need or want. I have 3 redundant flasks in my cupboard now as none them come even close to the performance of this beauty. I am ordering the smaller 0.47l versions for my brother for Fathers Day and for my sister who was the first person to have a cup of tea from my new flask and she is a stickler for hot beverages and is renowned for returning her Costa coffee four times on the trot for not being hot enough. She was bowled over by by flask and keen to have a smaller version which I found is available to my delight. It is a tribute to the old adage that "you get what you pay for" definitely not cheap, but in my opinion worth every single penny.
on 9 February 2016
Brought with me to Finland for a 9 day trip, an average temperature of -19. The water remains hot when poured in in the morning and still hot the morning a day after. Amazing.

Perfect when taking an overnight train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi.
on 30 January 2014
I bought this to replace my old Thermos flask which I filled before taking to work on my night shifts. It was great until a small nudge sent it falling 12 inches to the floor which shattered the glass lining.

This flask does not use glass. Instead it is a double-walled metal vacuum flask. It's big, but at 1.2L capacity, it's smaller than many other 1L flasks I've seen. The lid cup isn't insulated, but its black plastic lining reduces heat loss a little so a cuppa will last a reasonable time. The screw lid can be a little tricky to undo if you've really ratcheted it on tight because there's no real nub to get a grip on.

The only other small minor point it the metal handle. It seems silly, but the metal handle is attached using 2 metal rings which in combination, really clatter against the flask's metal casing any time your not holding it tight. It's not a deal breaker, just a tad annoying. A heavy duty nylon/plastic handle would have been better although perhaps slightly less durable.
on 25 July 2016
Great flask, my husband uses it every day. It gets a lot of abuse and stands up to it very well as well as keeping water boilling hot all day. Would recommend over any other flask and believe me we've had a few!
on 12 February 2014
This flask keeps drinks piping hot for at least 12 hours. Even if I pour out a couple of cups along the way the remaining drink stays hot. The outside of the flask stays cool showing the vacuum is doing its job.

If I have a criticism it would be that the metal around the cup is too hot to hold until the drink cools down.

What is also good about this flask, which is easily missed, is that to pour the drink it is not necessary to remove the lid. Just unscrew the lid slightly and the fluid can be poured through slots in the thread. Good for helping to retain the heat in the flask.

Excellent - I would recommend
on 16 July 2016
I bought this as a replacement for my old broken (plastic) flask. This flask is just pure class, I really like it. I use it daily with a full flask of tea so I can save 'tea making time' at work. My old plastic flask would hide under my desk, but this metal flask oozes quality and has pride of place on top of my desk. I take it in to meetings and always get asked about it. The metallic look of the cup is also a touch of quality. In short, I love it, I use it every day and for those who are interested it actually does keep my tea hot all day until I get home. Super buy. Very happy :)
on 8 August 2016
I had recently put tea in my flask , I know it tastes horrible but it tastes okay for about an hour. I drank most of it and had to clean it out after the horrible taste got bad enough to the point it was undrinkable. The bad taste is not the flask's fault. it's the milk in the tea it's not meant to be kept hot.
Anyway , I cleaned out the flask and it had left a horrible smell in there so i had poured boiling water into the flask and added some salt. I then put the flask in the freezer for 24+hours to see if it would stay hot, how long it would stay hot and what the temperature would be when i took it out after 24 hours.
24 hours had past and it was still warm to the touch , hot enough for it to steam and still hot enough to drink. It could have easily gone another 12 hours. If it wasn't in the freezer I guess it would have lasted maybe 2 days but anyway it keeps my drinks hot when i need them to. It is absolutely amazing.