Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now

Customer reviews

The Lost Prince [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 7 May 2010
I can't speak highly enough of this film. A monumental work of art, beautifully conceived and executed, and deeply moving. The acting is of the highest order from every member of the cast, but I feel particular mention should go to the two young actors who played Prince John, and Gina McKee who played the nanny, Lalla. Brilliant, honest performances.
The word "awesome" is bandied about today far to often and applied to describe the most mediocre rubbish. But The Lost Prince really is an awesome piece of work.
Notwithstanding that I'm a big fan of Stephen Polliakoff's work, this is the best film by far I've seen in a very long time.
on 27 January 2016
I will not add anymore to what has already been said except to say this is an exceptional DVD.
If you are interested in History this is a must and answered many of my questions regarding WW1 and what led to WW2. The story is about dear John who i believe was very intelligent but mayhave been slightly autistic but suffered with other issues which killed him. Today we have the medication to help people such a John. He had a tendency to say what ever he felt. If this program had not been made we would never have known about Prince John or his illness.
It is quite a historical story saddened by his Prince Johns death at 13. I could not help but notice how COLD his Mother Queen Victoria was.
This makes the current Royals William & Harry so different.
We can thank these changed directly to Princess Diana influence. She has missed so much and it was a tragedy she is not here for her Sons.
Princes Catherine has made even more changes with William and this makes them real People not someone the Public do not see or understand. They live in the modern world as ordinary but Royals. I personally like the British Royals and see no need to have Australia change and be a republic. It is our history and to do so we wipe it out.
In the very least our current PM has said a republic will not happen as long as Queen Elizabeth 11 lives.
Then it will go to a vote. I know how i will vote no to a republic.
on 30 April 2003
Brillinatly filmed; a moving account of a little known royal, and even less well known royal nurse. If you missed it catch up now. Well worth the price.
on 26 January 2017
Boring.
on 29 June 2014
Beautifully filmed and sensitively acted, clearly conveys both the angst and embarrassment the Royal Family felt. Gives a perfect snapshot of the values of that period and the critical role that governesses played in bringing up the young aristoctrats.
on 31 January 2003
The Lost Prince, has to be one of the best historical films I have ever seen.
The young prince whom is sent into exile because he suffered from epelepsie, just because it was socially unacceptable, and "The Family" didn't want the embarressment of this young child. The love from an older brother who will never forget, was what kept Johnny happy.
Through the Princes isolation we see a loving young boy who loves his garden grow into a remarkable person whom had the choice to be true to himself and not to constraints of society or Monarchy.
A beautiful interprettation and a film which showed and prevocked emotion.
on 13 May 2014
A very sad little true story about Prince John and his problems with epilepsy, and how the subject was dealt with at the time.
on 19 September 2016
This is such a good film that works on so many levels. Only a couple of small historical mistakes and I think that they are there for comedy value! This is made better for me because a) George v is not portrayed as a monster, b) the boys playing the princes are so good at it and c) Miranda Richardson is so good as cold as steel, but completely practical Queen Mary. Bear in mind, this was a made for TV film, but so underrated.
on 17 January 2016
Great! Fantastic! Brilliant! Can't think of enough words to describe this! I love history and am pro-monarchy! Watched this first on TV and liked in enough to buy it. Shows how things were dealt with back then to how they are seen to now! Definitely need to love history and roya, family to like this! Intriguing storyline!
on 8 August 2015
I originally borrowed the DVD from my local library. I had never heard of it. I was so thrilled with it that I watched it again two days later with a friend. We both loved it so much that we each ordered the Blu-Ray edition which is only available in the UK. This is an outstanding movie. I absolutely loved it!