Customer reviews

Next Year In Zion
Format: Audio CD|Change

HALL OF FAMETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 November 2011
My introduction to Herman Dune was through their 2011 release, Strange Moosic (a highly recommended purchase). On the strength of that album I jumped at the chance to see them recently Live in York, for what was one of the best live shows I have been to for a long time. Their live set included several songs from this album and I just had to buy it after hearing them. And I have not been disappointed.

Once again they delight with their brand of beautifully crafted songs and lyrics that detail the usually unsung aspects of life and love. It is a wonderfully well observed piece, which when you listen to it make you sit up and take notice at a lot of the lines. The backing music is jaunty Americana pop sound with a rock tinge. Not quite as summery or breezy as Giant or Strange Moosic, this has a harder edge to it. David-Ivar Herman Dune's singing is expressive throughout, you really feel his sense of wonderment at the world. It's a classic album, and one that should be in every serious music collection.

At the time of writing there is no track listing on Amazon, so here it is:

1 My Home is Nowhere Without You
2 Try to Think About Me (Don't You Worry a Bit)
3 When the Sun Rose Up This Morning
10 My Best Kiss
11 Baby Baby You're My Baby
12 (Nothing Left But) Poison In The Rain
on 23 March 2009
Can't let this album get a 3 star rating.
I agree that the first time you hear it it might not grab you like Giant did but after a couple more listens i would have to say its at least as good and I think this might even be better. Best album i have bought in a very long time.
Plenty of outstanding tracks; on a saturday, when we where still friends, someone knows better than me, when the sun rose up etc.
If you're new to Herman Dune maybe get giant but if your already a fan this album won't let you down.
on 10 February 2009
I love Herman Dune, I really do, but the latest album ain't half as good as 'Giant' or indeed 'Not on Top'. However, when I saw them perform these tracks live I was hooked all over again. Standout tracks for me - When the Sun Rose Up This Morning and Next Year in Zion.