Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 August 2011
I expect a Pub Sing A Long to be uplifting (like the Big ben Banjo Band ones available through our friends at Amazon) As an ex musical director, I felt I could have produced a better CD Myself. I was not at all impressed. The poor Pianist is doing he level best to uplift it but there needs to be a drummer and a couple of other instruments in it. I am Shocked Hallmark, the record company allowed such a recording to take place. The choice of songs is great, but sorry to say this CD needs re recording to uplift people listening, and if thats what your looking for Don't buy it! the singers sound as if they are singing under protest just being made to sing. It could be turned around into one of the best CD's Amazon offers, I just feel this is just popular sing a long songs totaly ruined,so come on Hallmark lets get this CD re recorded!Having said all that PUT YOUR TRUST IN AMAZON, they are a great company to deal with and on the whole most things are between 90 to 100%
on 27 January 2013
Oh dear! What a dreadfully amateurish attempt at a Pub singalong. If you are thinking of buying a disc to liven up a party avoid this one at all cost. However if you want all your guests to leave but are too polite to chuck them out simply put this music on. I guarantee the room will be cleared in 5 minutes.
on 24 June 2014
My mum is in a care home, and has a CD player in her room. However, the carers were tending to leave the player tuned into a radio station like 'kiss' which I know for a fact my mother would hate. So I purchased this as I recalled her singing along to a lot of the tunes on the discs. It arrived and I couldn't wait to see mums reaction! Now bear in mind my mum has little talking ability or interaction. I put the music on and sure enough on two or more songs she was singing. It brightened my day, to see her in a way I hadn't for months!
on 8 June 2012
This is an excellent c.d. I took it into my mothers Residential (dementia) Home for the residents to listen to, and the carers played it straight away. All the old songs seem to stimulate the residents, who over half of them started smiling and singing to it. Two even starting dancing. The ones who would'nt sing were tapping their feet or sticks to the music. It made their day and mine. Guaranteed to liven up grandma and grandpa, ( and maybe the younger generation too.)
on 1 April 2011
This is a feel good cd. Songs that are catchy and charming, big hits in their day! The Llandudno singers do a great job. Other reviewers say great for a care home, well, I am in my early forties and enjoyed it. Something different from an important era.
on 12 November 2014
Think of a Welsh male voice choir, and then think of exactly the opposite, which this is. I don't know who the "Llandudno Show Players" are, but they're not that. It's not a choir at all, A choir actually rehearses and learns the songs they sing, not merely foolws the learder. This is the recording OF a pub singalong, not something that can actually be used to LEAD one!
on 25 May 2009
Good range of old singalong songs. Used for entertaining elderly people in Care. Gets them singingalong and gets a smile on their faces.
on 8 September 2015
I am a activities coordinator in a care home and have been looking for a sing a long cd that has gaps between the songs. The songs are sung by the same people throughout the cd so it does sound the same throughout but it's fine. It would have been nice to have had a lyric sheet to go with this but I had to print it all of my self. If you are going to print lyrics outback well be aware that they change some words in the songs and they just sing the chorus most of the time.
on 12 July 2012
I got this for my dad as a birthday present and for him to play at his birthday party and he loves it. Even I was singing along to the songs which brought back great memories of family cockney parties. This is a fun CD for everyone to sing along to. You will find yourself remembering the songs. A very good buy.
on 30 March 2014
I was disappointed with the quality of the recording. It sounded like it had been recorded in a pub. Some people were out of time and out of tune. However, it served the purpose i.e. allowing me get to grips with the words.

Len