Customer reviews

Rowan Atkinson Live [DVD] [1992] [2008]
Format: DVD|Change

on 7 July 2012
While watching 'The Story Of Bean' documentary, I came across footage of Mr Rowan Atkinson's live Revues of the 70's & 80's. I was intrigued and purchased 'Rowan Atkinson Live'. It is a collection of sketches from his one man show (with Angus Deayton) when he performed in Boston. I was totally blown away with Rowan's incredible visual comedy and his astounding timing.There are a mixture of Sketches, Visual, Verbal and Mime. I am not too keen on a couple of sketches, but 'Pink Tights & Plenty of Props','The Amazing Jesus','The Invisible Man' and 'Elementary Dating' I howl at every time.You can see elements of Bean & Black Adder in the sketches. 'It Started With A Sneeze' dates back to the very early 80's and was later added in the Mr. Bean series.
The only special feature included, is worth the price of the DVD alone.'A Quick Bash' is my absolute favorite, as Rowan stumbles across an Imaginary drum kit. It's Pure gold. I was so impressed with this live show, that I got audio's of his earlier Revues.
A highly recommended DVD, even just to see his lecture on Shakespearean acting in those bright blue tights!!!!!
on 26 January 2007
Pretty please, with sugar on top, release this title on dvd!!!!! It's without a doubt one of the funniest stand ups!! It's right up there with Eddie Murphy's Delirious and Robin William's Live At The Met... Great performance by Atkinson,tons of laughter....

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!
on 10 January 2009
I kinda didn't know what to expect from this dvd but am so glad i bought it, it's seriously good. I was in tears of laughter, especially with the 'date advice' and 'guide to acting', you really won't go wrong buying this.
on 1 February 2009
This is an older performance from the 80's in the USA but well worth the watch anyway. Some parts are a little "near the knuckle" but hilarous nevertheless.
on 25 March 2011
I HAVE A FEW RECORDINGS OF ROWAN ATKINSON FROM THE EARLY 80'S AND HAVE ENJOYED LISTENING TO THEM. NOW I HAVE THE CHANCE TO WATCH HIM PERFORM MANY OF THE SKETCHES THAT I HAVE LISTENED TOO AND IMAGINED HOW HE PERFORMED. I'VE ALWAYS ENJOYED THE WEDDING SKETCH AND WAS GLAD THAT THIS WAS INCLUDED ON THIS DVD. IT'S JUST LIKE I THOUGHT HE WOULD PERFORM IT AND THIS SKETCH HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME. I NOTICE THAT A FEW OF THE SKETCHES HAVE BEEN TWEEKED DUE TO WHERE THIS WAS RECORDED BUT I ENJOYED IT ALL THE SAME. ROWAN ATKINSON AT HIS BEST.
on 19 November 2009
I had a old fashioned record of this but was delighted to find the DVD - brilliant
on 18 May 2007
I used to own this show on cassette and vhs one of the funniest live shows of all time I still quote this today and would love to see it released on dvd in the near future absolute comedy genius featuring Rowan Atkinson and an unknown at the time Angus Deaton Quality through and through
on 1 February 2011
This DVD is a must have for every Atkinson fans and Mr. Bean fans!
It really is the best of the comic genius that is Mr. Atkinson.
You won't be surprise to see sketches from Mr Bean but you also get to see
why this man is funny!

A must have in your DVD collection!
on 2 April 2013
I got this DVD with the hope that Rowan's stand up would make me laugh at least a little but after watching it, I realised that if gotten much more than that! I was in stitches from beginning to end! Possibly the best stand up DVD I've ever seen?!
on 11 February 2014
I have this on video from years ago and no longer have a video player so was so excited to see this on DVD. It was second hand but that did not effect it's quality and brought back many memories and laughs. A definite and very amusing bargain.