Format: DVD|Change

on 4 December 2008
Basically, if you've only seen him in Flight of the Conchords you haven't seen anything yet. Even if you haven't seen Flight of the Conchords it doesn't matter, he is the best physical comedian I have seen in years! I haven't laughed so much in ages! I had to pause it to breath!
on 31 March 2017
This is the worst stand up dvd I have ever seen. Rhys and his stupid vocal sound effects. Rhys and his stupid non comedy.
I turned it off after 20 minutes and I will put a blowtorch to it.
The audience must have been paid to laugh or on class a drugs. This dvd is torture.
As usual the four and five star reviews are teenagers who will laugh at anything.
Buy some Frankie Boyle as he is miles above this plonker with his oh so funny sound effects and paid to laugh audience members. Zero stars minus infinity.
on 17 February 2009
I went to see Rhys Darby live in the US, and went out of my way to order the dvd for myself and two of my friends. His is fantastic talent, extremely funny, and clearly has great future ahead of him. Highly recommend this dvd!
on 24 January 2011
i would imagine most people not from New Zealand interested in this release will be big FOTC fans like myself. I was not dissapointed by this energetic comedy performance.

Whilst his stand-up style is not exactly cutting-edge cool (most of it is extremely silly and includes alot of physical comedy and self-generated sound effects) i enjoyed his show immensely.

Rhys has an infectious enthusiasm and confident stage presence that really draws you in and doesn't let go, in fact I haven't laughed this hard at a comedy DVD in ages.

I would call his comedy style `off-beat' much like his great character Murray in FOTC. He had me laughing often and in unexpected places which gave this release a fresh and unusual (compared to UK and American comedians) feel which is rare in the oversaturated world of comedy.

One of the best extras on the disk is an interview with Rhys where he substitutes the usual kind of questions with some he previously scribbled on a bit of crumpled paper. Comedy gold ensues (honestly, i was wetting myself!).

ignore the haters - if you are after something light and fun but still intelligent and finely crafted this is for you. A+
on 13 February 2009
Well, to state the obvious if you love him in FOTC then you'll love his stand up too. Such a talented bloke - it's worth watching just to see his sound effects!
What can I say? Try him - he's different from the rest! Get it!
on 29 December 2012
Rhys Darby is a breath of fresh air, with his surreal sense of humour, Alhough the humour is not necessarily suitable for young children as some of it is a bit adult. Rhys Darby, however manages to retain an element of innocence.
on 19 March 2010
This is one of the most hilarious stand up shows you will ever see!!
Darby has an ease and fluidity in his performance and it doesn't feel rehearsed like some comics i.e Lee Mack, Shappi Khorsandi.
His sound effects are fantasic my favourite being his wonderful impression of Cloverfield!
This is no immitation of Flight Of The Conchords or any other comedy. Darby is wonderful in this dvd and whether you know about F.O.T.C or not it is just a fantastic introduction to the wonderful imaginitive world of Mr. Rhys Darby.
Also Love The Hair. . . .
on 4 September 2010
I just saw this special on Comedy Central and I'd love to be able to watch it again. Rhys Darby is such an endearing comedian. He's not afraid to poke fun at himself and to stray into absurd situational comedy. I love his characters in Flight of the Conchords and Yes Man, and for me, his on-stage persona did not dissappoint.

Unfortunately, as I'm in the U.S. I can't watch this format on my DVD player, so bring on the Region 1 release!
on 18 November 2008
Rhys Darby is the funniest guy ever. If you purchase this dvd you will definetly not be disapointed!!! His sound effects are amazing and i can seriously say that I laugh every single time i watch it through out the entire thing! Honestly this guy is so funny and yet the jocks are so simple and easy to relate to. This is based on his life which makes it even funnier, because it does happen. Geez me and my friends quote these lines all the time. Unforgettable performance.
on 2 February 2009
i knew rhys darby from the flight of the conchords but this proves he's a huge talent on his own.a slow burner of a show but once i got into it i was laughing through christmas.fresh observations and a unique delivery.terrific!