on 16 September 2012
This is ok. Not a resounding success but ok. The pegs go through the holes very easily - so much so that my daughter generally just pushes them through with her finger. There needs to be more resistance in the holes so the hammer has a proper job to do and the child can see the effect of hammering.
on 7 June 2009
This is a traditional toy which provides as much pleasure and fun for the grandchildren as it did for their parents nearly 40 years ago. Lasting interest and I still have elements in the granchildren's toy box of the original one I bought 38 years ago. Oh and I meant to give it more stars for "fun"!
on 4 September 2011
lovely bright colours, but the pegs are too small/holes too big so the pegs can be pushed through easily with 11-month-old fingers and come out completely really easily. so not as good as the original at the grandparents house!
on 16 August 2014
I bought this toy for my great-grandson as it brings back fond memories of my own early childhood nearly 70 years ago as it was one of my favourites. I am very happy with the hammer bench which seems to be of good quality but at the moment my 10 month old great-grandson is more impressed with the free drum that came with the toy (the box it came in) and the fact that you can use the mallet to hit lots of things including mummy, well done Bigjigs for keeping this timeless classic alive.
on 8 July 2011
It came in ample time. I was pleased with the wooden effect of it. Made it look expensive. Lovely gift for 12 month year old. Definately value for money.Colours were all vibrant and it was well made.
on 28 December 2013
My child is 14 months old and really enjoys playing with this toy though at the moment she is pushing the pegs through with her fingers as opposed to using the hammer. However, my two year old has enjoyed bashing the pegs through with the hammer and there is enough resistance to allow for effort on her part. The toy is well made and brightly coloured - a good purchase.
on 8 October 2013
This Hammer Bench is quite simply made but will be a joy to play with. It has coloured pegs which is pleasing to the eye. I remember having one when I was little and knowing I could bang bang and' make the pegs go down was good. It can be turned upside down to have another go.
on 28 September 2012
I bought my daughter this as well as various other products as she loves to bash objects to make different sounds. This toy is safe and teaches her about hand eye coordination, colours and shapes. Very impressed.
on 20 May 2013
Item damaged on arrival no rubber on one peg hole so falls straight through! Defeating the object of it being being to be hammered in, confusing to my toddler
on 16 December 2013
Arrived quickly, love the colours. It is slightly smaller than I imagined but I'm glad it won't take up much space and I think the one year old will love it.