on 25 March 2009
Looks good and feels even better. This luxurious case is severely let down by the Sony's styling. The ebook is held in place with a plastic strip. This plastic strip clips into two slots in the leather by two fragile smaller plastic pegs. I had read the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere saying how fragile the case was and I didn't really pay attention. I thought that there was no way that the case could be as impractical as others were making out. Now I truly wish that I had listened to them.
I dropped this from about a foot onto my bed without thinking such a slight fall could do any damage but apparently it was enough to snap one of the pegs which holds the plastic e-reader holder onto the leather holster. I tried gluing it but to no avail. For the price, this is a severely disappointing product; I dread to think what might have happened if I had dropped my e-reader from an even higher height onto a hard surface!!
on 24 May 2009
Sony LEATHER-COVER - eBook reader cover - black

Badly engineered and highly priced this add-on is unnecessary and not fit for purpose ie to protect the e-book reader. Mine lasted just 3 days before the brittle plastic pin that held the cover on to the machine fractured, spilling the unit out on to my fortunately well-carpeted living room floor.

Sony in any case supply a rather ugly (but probably serviceable) cover with the unit although no mention of it appears in the pre-purchase documentation.

If only I could remember what I did with it............
on 17 February 2009
It's a lovely cover for my e-book, but if Sony or the seller(not Amazon)of the e-book had been clearer, my wife would have known that it came with a cover included - slightly less luxurious, but just as good.

The fixing for the ebook into the cover is somewhat flimsy, and once it's broken, the cover would probably be unusable. I've had to glue it once already - luckily it has held so far.
on 13 September 2009
I bought this from a high-street retailer for a quarter of the price (they were clearing stock for the new range of readers), and still felt I had been cheated. This cover appears to have been designed by someone who has never seen a real Sony Reader as it is so ill fitting it feels like it had been designed for something completely different. The cover does not sit comfortably against the device, tending to fan-out like an over-stuffed sandwich and unlike the original supplied cover it does not have the satisfying magnetic click to hold it together. A complete waste of money.
on 2 March 2009
See my review on the Tuff-Luv leather case. This is an over priced and poorly designed case for the Reader, it is held in place by a fragile plastic clip, mine lasted 3 weeks, buy the Tuff-Luv instead
on 4 May 2009
The leather of this cover is excellent, but there defintely a few bad points.

1. This cover does provide more protection for the reader than the basic cover but...
2. ... because the clip is so flimsy the extra protection (wider gap around the edges) will certainly lead to the clip breaking in the first few days.
3. The leather cover does not contain the magnets that are in the basic cover to keep it closed when not in use. (Did you notice the magnets in the basic cover?)
4. The edge of the cover does not have dust protection - so for luxury at home this is a nice, but for travel it adds nothing the basic cover already provides.
on 15 May 2009
The product itself is very good, however as I found out you do not need it as the Sony reader comes with its own (Very Similar) cover.
on 10 August 2009
I really don't know what Sony were thinking of when they made this cover. I have the same experience as the other reviewers here. The cover is nice soft leather, padded and feels good in the hand. However the spine that clips into the reader is held in by 2 very small and very fragile plastic clips. I dropped the reader onto the floor from about 2 feet in height and the spine snapped out. I have tried repairing it but can't. Absolute rubbish. I consigned this to the bin and bought the Tuff Luv case with the book like cover (there are 2 of them available). I think I paid £11 for the Tuff Luv which, although it has some flaws, is a 100% better than this cover and better value.
on 12 May 2009
I loved the leather of the case, luxurious and comfortable to hold. But, I had the reader in my backpack, in a neoprene case (similar to a laptop second skin), and when I got back from the office and took my reader out, it fell out of the cover! Luckily I grabbed it and no damage to the reader. I looked at the cover; thinking that the plastic connector must have come undone, by like other reviewers, found that the connector had snapped off. I have tried to glue it back - no joy. I have searched the internet for spares on the plastic connector - no joy.

I have therefore gone with a Tuff-Luv cover.

This Sony is a great product other than the connection mechanism. Let down by poor product design. I strongly advise against buying it. Not only will you lose £20, you may damage the actual reader.
on 30 May 2010
This cover is lovely to look at. But dont buy it mine broke within a few months the fixings are very flimsy.