Style: Pencil-Style|Change
Price:£2.18+ Free shipping

on 29 March 2011
I am an eraser loser of distinction (my partner would argue that the word eraser in the previous phrase is unnecessary). So the big advantage, apart from the ability to erase, is that I can clip it to stuff, pockets, pen slots in rucksacks, collars of passing dogs etc., and I don't lose it. Therefore much better value than the traditional, cheaper style which disappears to the planet of single socks almost instantaneously. In summary:

The eraser works and seems to last well
The clip is good quality
It will just about pass muster as a light sabre in an emergency
11 Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2015
I was actually quite disappointed with this product, I was hoping that it was going to be a professional level product given how people were raving about it .. despite people saying its flimsy. The rubber itself is not good, it’s too soft and flexible to give real precision, and it doesn’t lift cleanly and in one case actually marked the paper. The casing is not well designed if you put a lot of pressure on it is causes the rubber to retract. I also brought the derwent pen eraser at the same time for £1.62, the size of the rubber is exactly the same but the rubber is more solid which allows for precision. When it extends it locks so that it cannot retract back into the device and although a bit chunkier in the body, it is still a lot more comfortable than a rubber and a lot more solid than the Pentel Clic Eraser Pencil-Style Grip Eraser..also the derwent refills are a lot cheaper! won’t be buying any rubbers from pentel again …
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 May 2014
When I'm sketching, I tend to have a pencil in my right hand and a stick eraser in my left, and I swap them over constantly, using the eraser nearly as much as the pencil. Result - no fear of wrongly- placed lines and drawings evolve quite confidently using this method.

The stick, rather than my trusty block eraser, works best at this stage of a drawing with a vinyl block for more aggressive clean-up or removal. It works because it's "the same" as using the pencil and shuttling back and forth requires no break in concentration. Your approach may differ but this is the one that works best for me.

The very best stick erasers I have ever used were the now sadly discontinued Staples own brand, but I have a strong suspicion they were a clear-bodied contract rebadged version of the PaperMate SpeedErase and these are NOT available in U.K.

The Pentel, while being a completely different design comes a very close second choice and I'm perfectly happy to use them - I just like the clear bodies and the grip more, I guess.

Most of my mechanicsl drawing pencils are Pentel - I'm particularly fond of the Graphgear100s - but I've always been a big fan of Staedtler for general purpose erasers. Inevitably I tried the Staedtler Mars stick eraser.
I had one years ago. It was O.K. but not outstanding, and the refills were, then, fiendishly expensive so I tended not to be as free using it as I would be now. I don't know how they fare these days but I'm pretty-well sorted for alternatives and I haven't felt inclined to revisit the Mars stick for now.

The Clic is reasonably comfortable to use but feels a bit chunky. Not a game-changer, just an observation.
I'm not sure about the toblerone-shaped "lead." There may be a slight advantage with having an "edge" on your eraser but it's only like that when new; erasing tends to round off the edge, making it similar to a round refill anyway unless it's trimmed back with a craft knife for a new clean edge but then it's moving away from my interchangeable-without-thinking pencil and eraser model. Sanding tends to give a very raggy, crumbling edge, so I don't do it but what I DO is rub the working end up on a piece of scrap paper - or the end of my thumb - every so often. Not doing this means that the eraser will smear, particularly after cutting back dense areas of soft pencil.

Basic precautions, caveats, preference-defining history and dive-ducking aside, the Pentel Clic works very well and I would recommend it happily.
on 17 May 2012
Best erasers I have ever used, and the pen type cover keeps the rubber nice and clean and handy for carrying your pocket
on 17 December 2016
The product delivered is not the one shown. It does not have the rubber grip, which makes it more uncomfortable to hold. The delivered product does not appear to be as substantial as the one shown ( I am perhaps influenced by the fact that I had an earlier blue pencil eraser which I thought was Pentel, and that was made of metal ). This one is made from very thin, almost transparent plastic and feels as if it might be quite brittle. I think it will need to be handled with a fair degree of care to have a reasonable life.
Product number on side of image clearly shows ZE22. Delivered product is a ZE11.
Disappointed with my acquisition.
on 20 April 2014
These pencil style erasers are brilliant for using in my puzzle books - especially if, like me, u pencil in possible options on su do ku puzzles. I then erase the numbers as I rule them out. I hate to see scribbling and pencil marks when I finish a puzzle and unlike square or round rubber erasers these little gems fit into the smallest spaces, just like your pencil did. This is my second pencil eraser and I see they do refills which I shall most definitely be ordering but not yet as they last for ages.
on 12 December 2016
Just as expected, arrived on time and in great condition. This product is great for sketching, although it is not ideal for rubbing out extremely thin lines, it does the job for lines thicker than the thickness of an ordinary pencil. Have had it for a week or two and I'm pretty satisfied. For the price you pay, you get a good amount of the eraser but it would have been even better if the eraser pencil was even thinner.
on 3 October 2013
This is the single greatest stationary product it has ever been my pleasure to use. I make lots of mistakes, so this easy-to-use eraser is invaluable - it also exceptionally durable.
The only way it could be improved is if it included the ability to stop one making mistakes in the first place, but then the poor thing would be deprived of its raison d'être and promptly have an existential crisis.
on 29 May 2013
This is great quality as it does not consume easily and great for erasing small areas and B graphite pencil marks.
on 31 December 2012
I've been looking for these for quite a while, does exactly what it says on the tin. It allows you to carry around a rubber like a pen, which s very useful as carrying around a normal number causes a mess in your pocket eventually.

See one answered question