Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Change

on 3 July 2017
I wish that I had read n checked up more on these mudguards, they are well made but the problem i encountered was that they won't fit onto a bicycle that has disc brakes fitted. I managed to fit the front one by making myself 2 small brackets, but no matter how I try I am unable to attach the rear one has the disc brake caliper is in the way of the attachment points. Thinking of repackaging the mudguards & returning them. They are good mudguards but unable to attach to my bicycle without adaptations when I would have preferred to have just attached them has intended. In the end i decided to adapt the rear one so it fitted, to do this i got myself some 3mm Stainess Steal Wire & attached those to the rear seat stays on my bicycle. the original 3mm stays where too short to reach.
on 26 November 2016
There are quite a few negative reviews about these guards being difficult to fit but in all honesty you just need to take your time and you will have a perfectly serviceable pair of mudguards. I didn't look at the instructions because even though I have never had full mudguards they can only conceivably fit one way. Once fitted they are solid and certainly keep the wet and road dirt off...even if my bike does look as if it belongs to a country parson :-)

My feet did not get wet even in moderately heavy rain so, for me, the front guard is long enough. The screws supplied fitted my bike with no sawing or rummaging through the knife drawer for replacements. The plastic is lightweight and sturdy and they look great in a Miss Marple sort of way :-)

I would certainly recommend these mudguards but a word of warning to those of you with MTBs. Many MTBs do not have the threaded holes in the front forks so it is necessary to secure the foremost struts with cable ties. I did this and it works fine but if you suspect folk are judging you on the neatness of your mudguard fixings you may want to think twice ;-)
on 1 April 2017
ones installed it is creaky, but still lots better than cheap one I had before, front mudguard will protect you from the mud about 90% but the rear one is lot better as previous one I had as it is longer. I purchased it on my MT carrera kraken 26"inch wheels and with small adjustments it fits on slick tyres I had replaced for commuting although I had to buy some bolts and washers for it. As I cycle every day to work I can tell the difference as I had some mud decoration on my back after ride in the rain before.
on 26 August 2017
Perfect and stylish wife loves them the do look the part. Easy to fit but take care selecting the bolts remember SIZE matters !!
on 25 May 2017
This product has passed my British winter off-road test. It does the business.
on 14 September 2017
these mudguards made my husbands bike look really smart, and I don't usually comment as his bike gets on my nerves. But I must admit I was very impressed, worth every penny, and good quality and easy to fit. The delivery was very fast as well.
on 11 September 2017
Work well, easy enough to fit, and come with all the bits & pieces needed
on 23 May 2017
I used those for 4 years and they are still in perfect shape. They protect well against water even when it is raining a lot. I'm really happy with them
on 30 March 2012
I normally buy chromoplastic mudguards which are over double this price so I didn't know what to expect. Very rigid compared to the chromoplastics, and they should be very durable as they're made out of the same stuff as motorbike helmets. The stays were exactly the right length and didn't need trimming. All the fittings are rust-free, though as others have said the button screws supplied, although stainless and the right number, have a very small hex slot for an allen key. I didn't need to use them as I was fitting a carrier to the same screw holes on the back and the front disc brakes on the bike needed a spacer so required longer screws. The bridge for the rear guard was moulded plastic and not metal as suggested by the instructions, not a problem but it has to be put on the right way to avoid the seat stays. In conclusion, good product, fittings more than adequate for a standard installation, and I'd definitely buy it again.
on 22 October 2011
26 x 1.75 to 2.125 wheels. well my wheels are 26 x 1.5 but these were cheaper than the correct size. Fits cycle no problems, came with all bolts, all I had to supply was my own allen key. took about 20 minutes to fit. very happy much better than the mountain bike mudguards which let the water go up you back.