Size: Pack Of 1|Change

on 1 February 2013
I have a problem taking oil capsules as they usually cause indigestion/heartburn type symptoms. It hasn't been the case with this one and it has the added benefit that it is 'allergy' free. (I wouldn't have tried them if they weren't) My optician also said some people have some success with symptoms for blepharitis disappearing. It has made it slightly better in my case but I am only using a low dose at the moment.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 14 September 2014
Palatable source of flax oil containing a good percentage of omega-3 with its cardio-protective properties, and an alternative to burping up fish all day like with some high strength cod liver oil capsules I have tried in the past. Very clean high strength product with no sugars or other additives, and I am pleased with these - will happily order again, even though they are quite expensive
on 4 March 2013
for 180 capsules it is a bargain, i do notice a difference in my well being and the ratio of 3, 6 & 9 is correct, meaning 3 being the bigger portion.

considering flax oil tastes like licking a dirty floor (seriously flax oil is yuck) this makes it a pleasure,has no nasty after taste & no reflux reaction (for me)
on 29 August 2014
I decided to buy this product because I had read from a number of reliable sources that Flax oil was one of the healthiest sources of oils (contains Omega 3,6 and 9) on the planet and that it was linked to a number of positive health benefits.

Flaxseed oil has been widely reported to be effective against the following conditions and diseases:

- Arrhythmia
- Prostrate Cancer
- Asthma
- High Blood Pressure
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heart conditions
- Depression

The tablets are made of gelatine, are as long as a £2 coin and are slightly wider than the width of a pencil. They are transparent amber in colour.

I followed the manufacturers instructions and took the maximum recommended dosage of 3 capsules, X3 times a day (with food) until the bottle finished.

20 days latter the 180 tablet container was empty and it was evident that I had benefited from its widely reported health benefits and I had not changed anything else in my life (diet, exercise and supplements). My skin looked noticeably better, I did not need to take my Asthma pump as often in the night and I felt generally happier and healthier.

One negative that I identified during the review of this product was that the product had a price tag that would make you put them back on the shelf quicker than you picked them up, however when you sit back and consider that they are one of the healthiest oils on the planet and that they have numerous health benefits, they don't seem as expensive.

Another negative that I identified was that the coating of the tablets are made of gelatine, however in my experience with supplements, when gelatine tablets come in contact with water, they do slide down your throat a lot easier.

Although you can obtain some of the nutritional content of Flax oil in Flaxseeds and Flax oil (bottled), they are not as condensed as this product and will contain added protein and carbohydrates. This is more likely to 'Dilute' the health benefits and therefore be less effective.

I found that the product met expectations, however I discontinued taking them due to financial constraints, however if my financial circumstances changed for the better then I would not hesitate to take them again.

Verdict: 9/10

Feedback:
If you wish to comment on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks
on 7 November 2013
This made my head twitch. To make sure if these capsules really caused the head twitching, I stopped using them and twitching stopped, then I started using them again and twitching returned. But I really didn't want to throw them in the bin so started to use them again after about a month and twitching returned. This time they went to bin. I googled it and it appears that some people have same reaction from ingredient in capsule coating.
on 6 January 2015
Found out about flaxseed oil after researching gall bladder disease. I have gall stones and was having regular attacks of biliary colic. I'm awaiting surgery and follow v. low fat diet, but taking these as supplements, have not had an attack for several weeks, don't know if it's a coincidence or not
on 30 July 2013
I have been taking flax seed to benefit my eyes, and I feel that it has become more comfortable to wear contacts now for me and my eyes do not dry out as fast when doing so.

It definitely tastes better than fish oil, but the smell is still not to good. I do recommend flax seed for anyone who want that Omega supplement and do not like the taste of fish oil.
on 24 August 2013
Excellent product - I highly recommend it! It provides a great omega boost which is essential for good health! The capsules are a bit large though, so if you have difficulty swallowing pills, keep that in mind.
on 30 March 2011
I ordered a bottle and it somehow got lost - the seller did not hesitate to send me a replacemement and i ended up liking the first one so much i paid for both ( when they eventually arrived )
on 20 March 2014
Very disappointed as the product title clearly says "organic" but this is not mentioned anywhere on the products label meaning its not at all organic.

Also not very happy as the initial delivery got lost even when the tracking said it had been delivered by the courier so a second package had to be sent out! Have had no end of problems with this order and wont be ordering again!