Customer reviews

on 13 October 2011
This book is easy to read and follow, and covers most of the problems you'll encounter when you first attempt to turn your Word file into a file for the Kindle. The book also covers details you need to know before you can publish,, such as whether you need an ISBN number, how to price your book, how to insert images and how to upload your cover.
I have read a number of other ebooks on the same subject, and this one is very easy to follow, so suitable for non-nerds.
on 7 February 2012
This book is a great resource for getting yourself published on the Kindle. I did a lot of research on the web, looking for simple instructions on how to do so, and there were so many conflicting and complicated instructions from lots of people. I really didn't know where to start with all the info I had.

This book was a great find for me. Not only is it simple to understand, but it goes into enough detail to make every step of the publishing process as pain-free as possible. This puts all the info you need into one short book, saving you a lot of time trawling the web. The only thing it won't do, of course, is write your book for you!

As I read this book I took lots of notes and was really impressed with how much I got out of it for such a low price. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to self publish on Kindle without unnecessary headaches.
on 30 November 2011
Amazon does have its own guide for uploading your self published books on Kindle. I used it and it proved fine, but the additional information, provided by this book, aimed at helping the beginner was an excellent adjunct. The extra information and helpful suggestions provide everything the beginner needs to consider for complete success.
on 17 January 2011
Had this book sent to my Kindle. Arrived in a nano-second and was good price for the information received. In fact, excellent value. I have read it through and it seems easy to understand even for a 50 something technophobe lady like me! I may never get round to attempting to publish anything on Kindle, but if I did decide to, I think I would realistically be able to follow the instructions in this book.

I gave it four stars, which mean 'I like it'. 5 stars is 'I love it' and I wouldn't feel justified in giving it that unless I had put all the info into practice.

Certainly felt it was worth the Kindle price.
on 26 April 2012
Good simple practical advice which if followed to the letter will enable you to publish an ebook on Kindle and B&N. After reading this I successfully helped a friend achieve his 30 year goal of being published. Excellent.
on 10 November 2012
This book somehow opens up a veritable Pandora's box of ideas for the creative wordsmith who has no idea how to get his/her book(s)to the wider audience they undoubtedly merit! Pretty soon it is commonplace to burden your overcoat with notebooks to jot down every new idea that arises on bus rides,train journeys, long or short walks in the Malvern Hills, attending plays or concerts in pubs etc. People watching becomes a new art form and for the first time features on buildings ,overall panoramas, colours, weather systems and behavioural systems take on a different meaning. This changes one's own philosophies and indeed one's own attitudes to life and living in general....try it yourself.....and tell me what YOU think. (See you've already begun!) I'm shortly publishing a recipoem book..keep an eye out under GOATSRANT
on 9 June 2012
An easy to read and easy to follow guide. I have read many 'how to' guides, and this one has given me some new, fresh ideas to take away with me.
on 20 December 2013
I bought this because there were a lot of rave reviews on amazon about it. Not as good as 1-2 other books, on self publishing. Not succinct enough for me. Too many opinions and I wasn't sure about the reliability of the author and his advice. I have read books by self published authors, on self publishing, that are far better. This one didn't take you through self publishing in a structured way. A glut of information peppered with the author's opinions.
on 4 March 2013
There are one or two ideas in this book that are original, but mostly, it's the same info that can be found in other books on the subject.

It's useful in that: the more you read, even if it's the same thing that you've already read elsewhere, the broader your knowledge becomes.

So - it's not so much 'a bolt from the blue' as 'another arrow in the quiver'.
on 16 June 2013
I have already spent hours and hours publishing my first ebook and am researching different ways of doing this. I wish I had read this book ages ago for its explanation of zipping files and why and other facts about book covers and editing. Great read thanks