Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 November 2008
This cd set is brilliant value for money. All your favourite Christmas classics, and a few you may not have heard. This is the kind of Christmas music I grew up listening to at my grandparents house, sitting around the tree drinking cocoa, and the kind of festive music I'd like my own kids to grow up listening to! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Wizzard, Slade, Cliff Richards, etc., but they can't hold a candle to likes of Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and Frank Sinatra. I would recommend this set for anyone who wants an old-fashioned Christmas :)
on 12 July 2009
We all know that time of the year when there's all that glitzy stuff anywhere you go? Christmas, one month of preparation for a big family gathering, for pressies, for fun, for merrily getting together and ... for listening to music keeping the Christmas spirit alive.

Well, this collection of Christmas Carols is just the thing for all of us who love that easy going, slightly nostalgic and idealistic feeling connected with the Season. It's perfect to listen to when you're putting the Christmas decorations up, when you're doing your jobs around the house and at work, when you're having a moment to relax and a cuppa to go with or - when you're with your family, unpacking your pressies, nibbling on Christmas biscuits, sipping your brandy, sneaking a snook from your sweetheart, you name it.

This is just Christmas at its best.

Go get it!
on 9 November 2009
This is a lovely set of Cd's with a vast variety of songs to suit everyones tastes, if you like all the old Classics, Enjoy a Traditional Christmas with this box set....
Most of of these retro songs are well before my time - but its just terrific! 'Rat Pack' lovers will love this!!! What great value too:) Reminds me of Christmas when I was a kid with old the old movies playing at Christmas time.
on 13 November 2010
I just love Christmas, and although I've got a good selection of Christmas CDs already I had to get this based on the reviews.
I have to say I cannot understand why its got such good reviews, I was not impressed with the quality of the recordings and felt rather depressed the further I listened to the selection. What a shame - glad others have enjoyed it - just cannot understand why!!
on 14 February 2013
Every year my mum and I put on a Christmas album in the morning while we open our presents. This one I wrapped up for her, and gave it to her to be the first one she opened! She was thrilled, put on the album and sat enjoying the rest of the morning with this lovely album playing. Would definitely recommend to people who love jazz, and that sort of genre in Christmas music, I myself love all of that music at Christmas time, it just adds more to the season I think! :)
on 18 January 2016
This is just a re hash of some decent versions of Christmas music - which would have made a reasonable collection on one cd - coupled with a huge amount of utterly appalling recordings. Not necessarily the original artists fault, although some versions of the carols and songs ARE terrible, but the quality of sound........ most of it sounds like its been recorded in my Dad's old tin watering can. I've played it once, skipping through many tracks. It will probably go to a charity shop. Certainly wont be playing it again.
on 12 February 2013
This cd will certainly appeal to us older generation. When you can hear everything they sing and the old favourite
songs. The price too was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed it, even some of the older children! I bought it from Amazon
and found the price the best.
on 10 December 2008
This is a wonderful collection of Christmas songs, I've been searching for something like this for ages! Fabulous!
on 6 December 2012
We downloaded this MP3 album rather than purchasing the disk copy because we wanted the music today. To our utter disappointment, it seems you only get 16 tracks with the download - where as the disk version has 16 tracks on 4 cds for £2 more!! This wasn't very clear - The album cover is the same, the title is the same - surely you should receive the same song list as on the hard copy?? Miffed off, feel duped and now it looks like the hard copy is going to cost me the price of this MP3 version too - WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY :(