on 24 November 2016
Item as described. I have been able to test it with a bulb from another lamp but need to go out and buy a bulb before I can use it permanently. As others have mentioned, a large bulb sticks out beyond the edge of the shade so a smaller bulb needs to be sourced with a large screw fitting. The lamp looks nice from a distance but isn't exactly top quality. Where the stem screws onto the shade is a little bit rough and the bulb holder inside was not central and had to be gently bent back into a central position (whatever happened to quality control?). Seems ok though and matches our bedroom curtains perfectly (my wife's choice not mine!). It is good to have the switch on the base rather than fiddling around in the dark trying to find an in-line switch. A reasonable product but not first class and a little overpriced really.
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 23 March 2018
Aesthetically pleasing - build quality isn't as good as we thought, the hood of the bulb fixture is made of very flimsy metal, not much higher tensile strength than an aluminium can, very easy to warp it - and the fitting was crooked - it can be gently adjusted however without any problem - would've liked the hood to be more elongated to accommodate smart bulbs, but not too much of an issue - would probably purchase another if it went bust, or potentially surf around for a sturdier one - bit of a toss up, but worth a pick up for a pleasing little lamp.
on 7 May 2016
I had such terrible experience with this lamp. It's solid structurally but that's all there is to it. I had this lamp for 4 months and throughout I always had problems with the fitting of the bulb into the holder. In 4 months I had blown out 3 bulbs just through normal usage. The bulb holder was also quite loose and so I had to twist bulbs into the holder a little tighter. This however causes the metal ring in the holder (don't know what it's called) to become stuck onto the bulb making it hard to change bulbs. I literally cracked a bulb trying to unscrew it from the holder. And if that wasn't enough, every time I turn the lamp on, the bulb holder was so poorly fitted that there were times where the bulb was screwed in but the circuit was not complete because something went wrong.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 January 2016
I bought a total of three of these lamps. They are petfect as a reading light in the bedroom, nice retro touch, switch is on the base plate. That is a much better solution than switches at the cable. It is much easier to find the switch in the dark. You will need a small light bulb. I went for a 3.5 watt LED one: Perfect
4 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2017
I love this lamp and it also arrived earlier than the delivery dates I was given. The colour of the lamp matches the support posts of my desk. I don't personally think it needs such a bright bulb as suggested. I find it too bright for my needs. What I do like though is the bulb is a normal bulb that screws in. Lamp looks really neat and comfortably modern
on 5 October 2016
Arrived quickly and before its deadline. The bulb I bought for it (colour changing and remote controlled ) does stick out but I knew it would when I bought it. I needed a desk like that could be operated from across the room as I bought it for my son who just got his first cabin bed, I didn't want him getting in and out of bed in the dark and this seemed like the perfect solution. I was right.. it's working great. The lamp itself looks smart, well made and doesn't feel at all flimsy. As I said the bulb for it is large so I was concerned it would tip over with the weight. it doesn't which means it's well weighted too. Great buy, I'm very pleased.
on 26 January 2018
This is a perfect bedside lamp. It is advertised as being white and it is white.

I have wasted money on buying lamps in white but when I receive them, they are cream or off white. If you are looking for a white lamp, you will not be disappointed.

Have had this for a couple of months and I can not find a fault with it. I also love the on and off button on the base, instead of fiddling about trying to find the rocker switch on the lead. Absolutely love this lamp.
on 9 January 2017
Ignore the reviews saying this lamp gets too hot. I have a LED bulb in there and it doesn't even get warm let alone hot. I am thrilled with this lamp. It came in a tiny box and I thought 'Oh no it's a mini lamp' but then I got it out and it's just cleverly folded over. It's the size you would expect this lamp to be. I am using this lamp as a bedside table and it is great. The switch on the base makes it extremely easy and the colour (I got red) is beautiful. This lamp is much much better than I expected for the low price. Thrilled with it!
|0Comment|Report abuse
I've got 10 of these for my laboratory, they are all going strong after a year of being on 12 hrs a day. We only use LED bulbs, but even the brightest ones are rated below the max wattage for this lamp. Would not use with incandescent and fluorescent bulbs.
on 22 May 2016
ordered, delivered next day, which was two days before the LED bulbs arrived (and they're brill too!).
Base sufficiently heavy to preclude worrying about it toppling over.
Switch on the base = lot less faffing around that the in-line switch in the power cable that many competitors have.