on 13 January 2015
Does exactly what it says. Item is a bit larger than i expected, and arrangement of ports could make it fiddly to store in your setup. Not really an issue for me, but on reflection I perhaps would prefer something that doesn't have the cables all flying at different angles. No criticism of product/supplier/manufacturer, I just didn't think through how and where i would place it.
on 8 June 2014
I bought this as I use my Turtle Beach PX5's with PC and PS4, and switching the digital audio cable between them each time got annoying.

I came across this product and was slightly reluctant to purchase it because of all the low reviews. However I thought I'd decide for myself and purchase it. I'm glad I did! Just a turn of the knob and the sound switches between PC and PS4 perfectly.

One thing to note is the size. Its almost as big as PS4 controller! This may put some people off however it was all good for me.
on 4 February 2015
Doesn't work. You spend an awful lot of time wobbling the cables around in the sockets to get a working connection, and the slightest movement will cause the signal to drop out. Can't blame cable compatibility as they are from the same manufacturer, and I've tried other makes of cable as well and it makes no difference.
on 25 April 2011
Excellent product really works no problems and great delivery cannot praise enough
highly recommend a first class piece of essential equipment
on 30 May 2015
Rubbish and so disappointed. Plugged it into the PS3 and Sky box and linked it to my Panasonic surround sound system. Not a glimmer of hope and I should have read all the reviews carefully. Lesson learned and refund requested.
on 27 January 2016
Initally appeared not to bad for the price, however connections became poor after a few months and eventually manual internal mechanism broke.
I would only recommend this product as a cheap option to more expensive electronic optical switches
on 5 February 2014
This didn't work for a second, it is cheap but so are potatoes and they will have the same effect as this on your audio setup..none.

ended up getting the LINDY 2 Way TosLink Digital Optical Audio Switch - it cost but it works great.
on 21 May 2014
i was really hoping that this product would solve the issue of my soundbar not having enough ports but unfortunately it just didn't work, spent ages trying differnt ways of connecting the cables but no matter what i tried nothing, amazon service was amazing though as always.
on 1 June 2014
I bought this to easily switch sound going to my Astro A40s/mix amp pro from my ps3 and ps4 so i didnt have to get behind my playstations to switch my optical cable between consoles.

I was a bit worried about buying as i saw mixed reviews, some saying it was brilliant and others saying it was terrible and to avoid buying. I thought i would just give it a go as it was only the price it was and if it was really bad, i could send it back - no worries.

I'm glad i listened to the good reviews as it works great. No noise, and it makes a reassuring clunk when you switch. I couldn't ask for any better really. Although, it's slightly bigger than expected!
on 27 February 2014
Used as intended, this little unit has supplied what I wanted. Having 2 out of three optical inputs deceased on my oldish amplifier, I needed 6 inputs from 6 dvd / Blu ray/CD units to one optical input working on the amp. I bought one of these units a few years ago, and was searching for one splitter with this amount of 6 outputs. Unfortunately there is none on the market. So I wondered if buying another one of these splitters would work in parallel (linking them together ). It did, now for little cost, I have just what I want. Once you have sorted out the switching for the machine that you want to use, you are well away. As for the reliability, I have used my old one switching it often and I have found, they are fine and stand up to the work.

Haylyn