Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:£15.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 14 October 2014
arrived quickly, I haven't watched it but it was a trip down memory lane for my partner
on 9 November 2015
I like the film it's much better than the remake with will Smith called legend
on 30 December 2014
Classic seventies sci-fi a must for anybodies sci-fi collection. Great film.
on 15 April 2016
Classic film, well worth watching even in respect of film/cinema history.
on 3 February 2016
As creepy today as when I first saw it in the cinema in 1971!!!
on 19 April 2016
An excellent sci-fi film starring Charlton Heston recommended.
on 11 April 2015
Rather dated. For the aficionado only, I think
on 21 July 2015
Another good old film I like in my collection.
on 9 April 2015
Great film and the box and disc were fine.
VINE VOICEon 23 October 2007
I saw this film as a teenager and it wasn't until years later that I read 'I Am Legend', the source novel. The film is not particularly faithful to the original material. It feels a bit too Hollywood-ised and too much of its time (the book feels timeless but the film feels stuck in the 1970s). It seems to have been treated as a star vehicle for an ageing star, and an excuse for an easy-going action/horror flick for the masses, which is not what I think the story is about.

However, that said, it's a bit like the "28 Days Later" of its time, especially in the opening section when Heston is driving round the eerie totally deserted city. The production values are reasonable and it has some good moments as well as an interesting lead performance. I think it's not till the final act that the film starts to unravel, and it doesn't have the impact on its audience that 'I Am Legend' has on the reader. I would still recommend watching it, even for fans of 'I Am Legend', if only out of morbid curiosity.

I am waiting with baited breath to see what Hollywood manages to do with 'I Am Legend' second time around...