1,568

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on 29 April 2013
First impressions are very good. Came quickly as promised (usual good Amazon service)

Pros -

lots of features
PC link very useful - ability to print out and take readings to GP very handy
Absolute bargain at £34.95 which is what I paid for it on Amazon. This is over £110 pounds currently on Boots web site

Cons -

The cuff is a bit a bit of a fiddle to fit tightly enough, but it just requires a bit of practice
The supplied manual looks overwhelming but this is because it includes a multitude of other languages. You can simply download an English only version from Omron's website and just save it on your PC.

Overall -

Very happy, good machine for anybody who wants something more than just a basic model and at the price it is currently (24th - April 2013) it is astonishingly good value.

Will update as it gets more use.

UPDATE - well only after a couple of weeks use I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the cuff set up. At first with a bit of practice I found the cuff was fine but now I am only only able to apply it successfully about 25% of the time. Most times result in an error message and the cuff not inflating fully. It is therefore on it's way back to Amazon and has been replaced with the Beurer modelBeurer BM58 High End Design Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor

This does allow two users and PC downloads just like the Omron but does not have the infuriating 'comfort' cuff.
on 6 December 2015
I have had this machine about a year now and have never had an accurate reading. I was worried as it was showing very low readings and then when I tried doing a standing BP it was unrecordable so I took it with a bog standard machine with a stethoscope and got it to be normal. When I saw the GP she also got it to be normal so I would be very wary about the readings with this machine.
The cuff is very difficult to fit properly. The other thing to remember when buying a BP machine is that it should be calerbrated yearly to ensure it's accuracy.
on 2 June 2016
It got only 2 stars not for the device but for the software and online support. Great blood pressure monitor, except if you want to use it with a Windows 10 computer so that you can get data into a spreadsheet or transmit it to a medic. Supplied software will not load into W10, spent last hour chasing the chance that Omron either fully explain why, and what to do about it, or supply some sort of patch. Zilch found so far which makes my purchase about half as useful as I would like it to be.
on 23 April 2016
As some have already noted here,there is an issue with an incorrectly fitting cuff which causes difficulty obtaining a reliable reading and constant error messages on screen.
The cuff is a "one size fits all" and would appear that it cannot be replaced for one that actually fits the wearer as it is specific to this model. On average it takes 8 attempts for me to obtain a reading due to a cuff that will not inflate fully and produces wildly fluctuating readings from 104 over 70 to 129 over 79 in the space of a few minutes.
The battery compartment lid also constantly drops off and the storage bag is unraveling after less than a week!
I'm a large bloke but you would need arms like Popeye for this cuff to fit,in part I suspect because the cuff has a preformed ,partly rigid construction which makes it very difficult to tighten.All in all ,money down the drain and have decided to opt for a wrist monitor from another manufacturer.
on 21 August 2009
The reading is always much lower than the reading from aneroid sphygmomanometers, especially the systolic reading, which can be 20 mmHg lower.
on 17 June 2016
As a blood pressure monitor it works perfectly however it is let down by the pathetic software interface to the PC. What should be a simple quick data transfer takes for ever and is very unreliable. It usually takes about three retries to succeed. The cloud based B-Link site produces reports that contain repeated superfluous information for each measurement recorded but omit the pulse readings.
Just interfacing this with a PC is enough to raise my blood pressure!
on 4 August 2013
I check the indications with the physician and I can say it is completely wrong. It is good for pulse measure not for blood pressure instrument. Buy something more simple, cheaper and more reliable, a classic one
on 12 September 2011
My experience of this item has been extremely disappointing. I am now into the second, Amazon having replaced the first a few months after I bought it because if I took a series of 3 readings I found that on occasion they varied by as much as 20 mm of mercury, and because it kept giving me error readings rather than taking my BP. As I recall I told them I felt it was not fit for purpose. Incidentally, before contacting Amazon - who were excellent - I tried to get in touch with Omron to discuss the problems I was having. If they have a customer services department, I did not succeed in finding it, including searching on the web. I found their web site which was no help to me, and the stuff that came with the machine merely directed one to go back to the seller as I recall - hence my contacting Amazon.

One of the selling features of this model is that it will take 3 readings automatically. Unfortunately, getting 3 could try the patience of a saint, as even if the first goes OK, and you do not move the cuff or your arm it will often come up with an error message or a series of them. I have not found an explanation of the error codes , so have no idea what exactly E or EE mean - was the cuff malpositioned (I spent time reading the instructions and am very careful about positioning the cuff, posture etc.) , did I move or what? And if you do nothing except instruct it to try again (I soon gave up the automatic routeand toook 3 consecutive readings manually) it may well decide to go ahead and take the BP, which leads me to believe that in some cases at least there was no error except in the machine.

The second machine has proved little better than the first, and so now if I am concerned what my BP really is I get my wife to take it with an anaeroid sphyg.

Obviously in performing any test there is a margin of error, and +/- 2.5mm Hg I would regard as acceptable, but I have been surprised by the range of 3 consecutive readings by these 2 machines and it means that I do not feel I can rely on just one reading. Having to take one's BP 3 times every time with them is a pain, and in many years of taking BP's using a variety of methods I have never come across anything as fussy and annoying to use as these have been (there have been times when I have felt like hurling them at the wall in frustration, and having an apoplectic fit was not what I had in mind when I bought the first one !).

I have nothing against electronic BP machines,and bought one because I wanted something simple and hassle free to use , and because I wanted an electronic record of the results. That part of what it does works well, but what is the point of keeping a record of the results if you believe they may be inaccurate? I wish now I had bought a simple entry level model which would give a reasonably reliable answer just taking my BP once and give reasonably consistent results.
on 15 December 2015
Not impressed. I'm sure individual machines vary but mine was consistently inaccurate (low readings) against another I bought and the readings done in the doctors surgery. The arm collar never seemed to inflate fully. Consigned to the bin.
on 20 June 2013
All I want is accuracy but this machine gives inaccurate reading. For example if you take five test at any one time, the reading come with considerably high or low on every take. I am looking for other model/brand this was a waste of money.
I do not recommend to friends.