Customer reviews

Wales Grand Slam - The Ultimate Edition [2008] [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 9 November 2008
The 2 Disc Wales Grand Slam was great, but this is the one i've been waiting for. A 5 disc set with every second of every game from our great Grand Slam win this year. Aswell as every game there are interviews & behind the scenes footage showing how the team won this famous Grand Slam. A must have for every true Welsh Rugby fan !!!
on 9 December 2008
This is what I've been waiting for for a long time. I've got the one for the 2005 six nations and I've been crossing my fingers that they would release one for 2008 as well. Its the sort of thing that no Welsh supporter can ever be without. I'm 15 and I've supported Wales all my life. These DVDs are the sorts of things that I'll be showing to my children and my children's children, to show them how our great country achieved what we all thought to be impossible (twice!!!!!!).

Stay tuned though, because come this time next year and there might even be a 2009 version of this dvd. And that's me being realistic. We've had a great Autumn and we beat the Aussies (and the Canadians, and 6 points off beating the springboks). We've also been crowned 5th on the IRB world rankings, and if you wanna know who we'll be facing at the World Cup in New Zealand in 2011, visit the IRB website.

Buy this DVD, its an essential that you just CAN'T go without.
on 30 June 2013
The volume on this set of DVD's is too loud - not quite OTT as the volume on the 2005 set, but still too loud. So loud that should you listen to this lot through the TV speakers at the volume you would normally use it would probably push the speakers to the point of making them rattle and/or distort. I am amazed that no-one has mentioned this. If you listen to is through an AV system and that system is set to turn on at anywhere between 40 and 47, you will be shocked to hear how loud it is and will be diving for the remote. Some people may not mind this, some people will probably say 'turn it down then', but the point is that this aspect of this set was another thing that was not considered, along with the match clock (which I miss), and missing analyses commentary which is very strange.

Other than that I have no complaints. One disk for each game insures the best quality video transfer which I was extremely pleased about. In the end it is great to have all five games in full, even with these issues. I am lucky in that I am able to back these up to MVK so I could preserve the quality and Dolby digital audio but normalise that audio to -6db making it a much more comfortable experience - this also insures that my set of DVD's is always in pristine condition as they will become harder and harder to replace as time goes on.

Let's hope they get a full game set out for the 2012 Grand Slam and a similar set for the 2013 Championship to replace the dreadful offering that is currently available.
on 6 February 2009
This is definitely worth buying it has every game in full of the 6 nations win on 5 discs but to me i guess it could have been a better set over all. For starters there's that why is it on 5 discs when the 2005 set was 3. The 2005 set also has a choice of welsh or english commentary for those that might like to choose or prefer to have a welsh commentary for the matches. Next is the lack of any extras on the discs if all you want is the matches that's what you get. As another reviewer has pointed out there's also no clock on the matches so you can't tell where you are in the match. Also I'm not a fan of having the score of each match on the back of the cover it's not needed and compared to the 2005 set it feels a little cheep in how its made. There's plenty of plastic to hold the discs and the cover itself doesn't have the solid sturdiness that the 2005 set has. although they are mostly quibbles i just feel that it could have been better presented but still get 4 stars as the content is worth it with a star knocked off for the overall presentation.
on 16 July 2014
excellent five dvd box set of wales winning grand slam in 2008 .a great box set for any rugby fan to ade to theyer collection
on 17 March 2009
IF YOUR WELSH YOUR GONNA LOVE THIS BOXSET ALL FIVE GAMES IN FULL. I'VE WATCHED ALL FIVE DISCS AND THEIR GOOD QUALITY A MUST FOR FANS...
on 28 August 2015