on 4 April 2012
The product is well designed and built; much stronger than my last 3.5mm jack. The cable is chunky enough to withstand regular use. It also fits very well into jacks. The sound quality is brilliant, and is a dramatic improvement over my previous and, might I add, more expensive cable. The 3m length allows for a wide range of uses over quite reasonable distances.
The gold plating gives greater conductivity and is almost unheard of for this price.
The price is fantastic; just 99p for a product that exceeds similar items that cost 10 times as much.

The item arrived two days early, and was packaged well. Very quick dispatch by seller (no need for delivery when the free form allows it to arrive within two days anyhow).

Overall a great product and a must buy.
on 17 March 2010
Bought this as a connector from my laptop to LCD TV. Works perfectly. Great value for money.
on 8 February 2012
I wanted a cable to ocassionally hook up my i-pod to my pc speakers, so didsn't want to spend too much. This cable was a great find - solid construction, chunky cable (a previous shorter cable turned out to be very thin and just didn't feel well made) and best of all, a ridiculously low price. Having shopped around in-store and on-line, it would be pointless wasting your time with anything else.
on 29 May 2012
It works... But since using these to replace my old sound jack, every now and then it makes a loud popping sound through my speakers, which according to e-how is the sign of an aged/damaged cable. Really ruins the 'music experience' - so, you get what you pay for!...

- ...Interestingly enough, I bought one of these a few months before for a friend and the cable looks and is completely different to the one I received; he said his is great quality (better than any of the others he's used). So make sure you check who the supplier is. I don't recommend Ukdapper, but can recommend 247Buyer - my friend was provided his cable by this company, and he would've given the review 5 stars if he was writing this. But I write mine for Ukdapper.
on 9 September 2015
It's a stereo lead. That, I think, is the best I can say about it. What I ordered was a three *metre*, *gold* plated, 3.5mm male to male jack lead. What I received was a three *feet*, *silver* coloured, 3.5mm male to male jack lead. And not of any real quality either. Without any use, there is a fracture on each of the plugs - surprising, considering the amount of foam it was packed in. It doesn't even do the job really. Sound quality is patchy and the volume/signal strength changes when the plug is touched, indicating a poor connection between the plug and the socket. Really not a good buy, but for 55p including packaging, it's not worth returning, especially considering it came all the way from China. Definitely not as advertised.
on 26 April 2013
I bought this cable for a couple of reasons:
1 - Connecting a laptop's audio signal to a TV (doesn't have composite or HDMI).
2 - using in my home studio.

Despite the length, signal noise is comparatively low. Not as good as some of the high end audio cables I have but perfectly useable.
If you want to know if gold connectors make a difference, yes: as long as the source and destination kits are up to snuff.
on 31 January 2016
bought this for my son, he ws very pleased with it, it s very well made and well worth the money, he wanted to connect his laptop to the t.v. this has worked very well for him hes said that the sound quality etc was very good. so I would thoroughly recommend this product.
on 8 March 2015
Was eagerly waiting for the arrival of this lead... when it came I hooked it up on the the headphone socket on my samsung smart tv and the auxillary on my bose soundlink mini and the connecters didn't sit right in either end. More to the point, there was permenant buzzing where the connecters weren't connecting properly. i would not reccommend this lead, go for something more expensive and save yourself the hassle of one of these...
on 24 February 2016
Bought 3 metre lead. Plugs were not connected to each other (checked with a multimeter) and not gold plated.

These are obviously very badly made leads with no quality control. This was no more use than a piece of string.
on 24 July 2014
I bought this to connect a second laptop to my amp and speakers.

The cable itself looks really solid and decent quality - you would need a tester to say for sure whether it is as good a quality as it looks, of course.

Unfortunately, as soon as I plugged in this cable, I was hit by the hum of interference. Moving the cable around close to the jack causes a lot of amplified movement noise and differences in the hum level, which to me suggests a poor connection between cable and jack. Once I'm playing music (or games, video, whatever), you don't notice the hum so much, but you have to be careful not to move the cable to avoid the loud crackle of noise.

I think if you're using this in a car to connect an MP3 player, you might just get away with it (...or you might not). Certainly when being used with an amp, the background hum is noticeable when nothing is being played. This means I need to unplug the wire every time I'm not using the sound, which is clearly not what I had in mind.

It is cheap, and as many would say, "you get what you pay for". But I also say "you get the rating you deserve, so there!". I therefore give 2 stars and that's being generous.

I think you have to be careful of ratings for this type of thing - the range in quality is so wide. One may work brilliantly, yet the very next off the production line may not work at all. It's just a gamble, but at least it's a cheap gamble.