Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now

Platform: Xbox 360|Change
Price:£9.37+ £2.03 shipping

on 24 January 2013
This game had very poor critics, and although after playing the tutorial I feared that it was going to be very repetitive, I actually found it very entertaining until the end.

The graphics are very good, almost on par with the Gears of War saga, and the terrain deformation puzzles you have to face in order to progress are quite varied.

The diversity of weapons is more than enough, giving you a change to engage enemies in different ways at different stages of the game. The only ones that are really similar are the "bulldog" (the Atlantic Alliance standard issue assault riffle) and the "pacific machine gun" (that is what vanilla enemies drop, so you end up replacing the former one with this most of the time).

There are some tough bosses too, although the final showdown could be more epic.
on 6 December 2008
I played the demo of this, and straight away knew I needed this game... So i got it, and let's say, i am not disappointed with it.

The ability to deform the terrain around you for both defense and offense is a big draw, as well as a fairly unique set of weapons in terms of other games out there right now.

The game certainly has the fun factor, being able to put a hill in front of an approaching enemy and watch them struggle up it just to increase the height as they get higher really doesn't get old. And the truly interactive environment and destructible scenery is a fresh change from the other "destructible environments" games out there, where simply the corners of building might chip off, Fracture's environments will actually explode if you fire a rocket at them, as you'd expect in reality!

Although the fun doesn't really stop, there are a few flaws, like now and then the game might slow in times of extreme deformation and heated battle, but then again thats down to the system not the game! So for that reason it can only really be knocked down to 4 and a half out of 5, but as you know, amazon doesn't do half stars.

So all together, an extremely fun and different yet familiar feel. With instinctive game play and fresh ideas, you'll be creating sink holes and mini mountains in no time!
on 26 December 2008
Fracture has promise, the plot is interesting enough and the gameplay ideas are pretty interesting too.
Sadly the design leaves you with a impression that they were going for the halo look. Actually the game reminds me of haze a bit as well.
Although I have compared fracture to haze and halo it is not a First Person Shooter, it is a third person shooter and also reminds me a bit of brute force on the original xbox. So already you see a pattern forming, fracture is pretty generic, even the main character could be switched in and out of loads of games.
So why did I give it 3/4 stars? for one, despite being generic it is still fun and the graphics are good too. Also I like the design, despite/because it's a bit like halo. It is a good sci fi shooter, not a great one but not everygame can be a masterpeice, not every game can revolutionize gaming.
I don't think everyone will like it as much as I have been but it is well worth checking out the demo, as it is because of the demo I bought it. I actually enjoyed the beginning of the game more in game thanm when playing the demo.
on 4 January 2010
The real shame with this game is that I haven't been able to play any mulitplayer. The campaign is really quite good despite being quite short. However I can see that this game is meant to be all about the multiplayer,and from what I've played of the campaign the multiplayer should be epic.
There's just one slight problem, I have never seen so much as a single game online. Nope, not one.

It's a shame really because the campaign really is terrific fun, even if it's a little silly. so if you're a 'serious' gamer who likes uber realistic games or modern warfare, stay well clear. If you enjoy fun games like halo or GoW, which don't take themselves too seriously, I would give it a look

My advise though is to rent the game, rather than buy it.
on 4 November 2013
very pleased with this item, fast delievery, brought this game for my nephew for chirstmas , would reccomened this item for a gift or for yourself.
on 2 November 2010
While not on par with the Major games in the genre - such as Gear of War - This is a very enjoyable (If repetitive) game. Some levels feel a bit cheap, and many are a bit dull, but the majority are relitively good.
The terrain modification could have been brilliant, instead it's just used for many simple puzzles.
on 19 July 2011
I bought this for my son who loved it. He got stuck in some places but with a little help and imagination, he carries on playing.
on 23 October 2008
I am surprised no one else has reviewed this game so I guess I better step in. This game had us all tingling with excitement when we first heard about it. I am not going to lie, it's a great idea and when they said they would have us altering water but they were afraid it would set the xbox on fire i was thinking this sounds like the best game ever

the reality is very different

playing this is possibly the least amount of fun i have ever had it a game (and I've played quake 4) the ground deformation is crap, the game play is dull and the weapons AI and melee are the worst i have seen in a game (and I've played quake 4)

in conclusion: avoid it like the plague
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2011
Average game would recommend for players who like to play games with short storyboard. Nice game with a range of different weapons. Good graphics
on 27 December 2012
i love this game i play it all the time and i have told my friends to get it because its great.

See one answered question