on 4 March 2017
Very good, sturdy swivel. I've used it with a Blue Snowball and it's nice to have it and the wires up off my desk (I'd also recommend buying a longer cable for Snowball users as the default cable is not really long enough. You wouldn't want a microphone much lighter than this though because the spring mechanism already tends to try to lift it up a bit too much. It's incredibly easy to attack to your desk and took me about 2 minutes.

Since this information appeared to be available literally nowhere else that I could find, each arm from center pivot to center pivot is about 40cm long, meaning it's about 80cm long at full stretch. The fact that the mount is a little bit raised off the table means it's max vertical height will be a little bit higher than that though. This length means that you probably won't be able to reach it over your PC monitor, you'll have to keep it to the side.
on 11 December 2017
I made the mistake of buying a much cheaper mic arm the first time round (about £20). It was flimsy and barely carried the weight of my mic - a Yeti Blue. It needed tightening all the time and just wasn't up to the job. However this mic boom is in an entirely different league. This is a substantial piece of kit that has no problem holding the weight of the mic. All parts are of high quality and there are two options to attach to the desk, a temp one with a clamp and a permanent one by drilling a hole. It is spring loaded and moves well around the desk. Also, a key benefit for me, is that is has full 360 movement in the stand, that means I can fold it up against the wall to the right of my monitors (see pic). The old one wouldn't be able to sit flush against the wall. So well done - very happy customer. Just annoyed that I wasted the money and time on the cheaper product before finding this one.
review image
on 12 March 2017
Absolutely fantastic piece of kit and worth paying the extra money for.

High build quality doesn't feel flimsy at all, very very easy to set up and absolutely feels high quality. I use this in conjunction with an Audio Technica AT2020 USB+ with a Neewer universal shock mount, and it works like a charm.

There are lots of Cheaper boom Arms you can buy but if you just take a look at some of the YouTube reviews comparing them you will see that the quality is night and day. Cheaper Balham Arms also seem to be a lot shorter in length when fully extended, this would have been a problem for me as I mount my arm behind my monitors so there has to be enough clearance for the arm to get over the top of my monitors.

This wasn't a problem with the PSA1, I have plenty of clearance and even enough to bring the mic closer or further away as I see fit.
on 11 October 2017
Amazing investment. This mic stand is very sturdy and very well made. I use the Shure SM7b mic which is a fairly heavy microphone. This stand is able to support this without any issues. I have, on multiple occasions, put my headphones over the mic stand as well and it can support them too. The stand comes with 2 possible variants to attach it to your desk. The first is the standard clamp method and the second is with a little desk fitting so that if you use a large desk you could fit the stand in the desk. Overall 10/10 would buy again
on 15 December 2017
I've spent a lot of money on Mic Arms and they have always been pretty poor. No matter what Mic you attach they always droop and become really annoying for the person using it. Until I stumbled across this amazing product. Yes the price worried me a little thinking and paying that amount of money for the same poor quality I've had before. But oh no this arm is amazing it doesn't droop it's so smooth to use and has scored 10 out of 10 by all my friends who have used it in my studio. It was that highly rated by my friends they've bought them for their Studios as well. So if you're thinking of buying a mic arm don't let the price put you off this is not like the cheaper crap ons you can get this mic arm is the best out there I found for a cracking price. Highly highly recommended.
on 7 March 2017
RØDE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom ArmRØDE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm I just love it. Good quality, good price and I am so happy I bought it.
on 17 July 2017
Amazing mic arm. Very well built and holds my Sansom C03U well. Very easy to move about without effort and sticks in place. Very easy to stick to the desk too and the Velcro helps tidy the cables!
on 30 May 2017
best boom arm you can get, as long as you're willing to splash the cash, however i'd recommend based off how trash the alternatives are
on 23 September 2017
Very sturdy and great build quality, could probably do with an extra joint for additional flexibility but overall very satisfied.
on 21 July 2017
Been brilliant so far, exactly what was needed. Seems a quality bit of kit, and always stays in position.