on 13 February 2009
Features of the watch are impressive, but for a watch costing over £100 it looks cheap. The watch case is described by Amazon as being made of titanium but in fact it's a resin case with titanium strips embedded - this makes it look cheap, very disappointing.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 April 2010
Described as titanium when in fact it's plastic. Feels cheap, looks cheap in the flesh (not in the photo). I sent mine back straight away as it looks horrid.
on 22 December 2009
Great watch with plenty of functions, light weight being titanium but description should say plastic body not titanium. This is the only thing that lets this watch down as it looks cheap whenyou look closely. Worked straight from the box and auto adjusted to the correct time.
on 5 December 2009
A superb watch, good looking and of course extremely accurate. Don't be disappointed to know that the bottom half of the case is not metal, but remember the watch has to receive the radio signals somehow. They would have great difficulty penetrating an all metal case. This does not detract from the appearance of the watch at all, and makes it a little lighter. The strap is tricky to adjust and if you haven't got a special pin removing tool for watch straps, you will need to either get one or get it done by someone who has one and is adept at this sort of thing.
I can highly recommend this watch, I am extremely pleased with it.
on 11 June 2014
My wife bought me one of these as a present in November 2008. I thought the view of someone who has lived with this watch for 5 1/2 years would have some value.

First the negative...
As others have commented, the case is visibly (grey) resin with inset titanium strips. It does look a tad cheap, but as someone pointed out, it has to receive a radio time signal which probably means that this construction is inevitable. Anyway, I don't think it looks that bad.

The case is quite thick (12mm) and so doesn't like tight shirt cuffs. In theory, since it's solar powered, it wouldn't like to live under clothes anyway, although in the time I've had mine, it's never got down below "medium" battery level, and even that almost never.

... and that's about it for the downsides.

On the positive side, it's light and comfortable to wear - one benefit of being titanium (and of course, that plastic case). The strap is fully titanium, and with the titanium bezel and strip inserts in the case, easily has the overall look of, well, a titanium watch. The clasp fitting is easy to use.

Of course, being solar powered and radio controlled, you never have to do anything to it - except if you travel to a different time zone. You probably won't do that very often so it will still be fun watching it wind itself forwards or backwards as you change it. The biggest problem will be remembering how to do this (I commuted between time zones for a number of years so got quite used to doing it). I've never yet caught it adjusting itself when the clocks go forward/backward, but then I've never been prepared to stay up during the night to watch it :) It's always correct to the second, the reference timepiece in our house. It's always bang on to the beeps of the BBC time signal. If I ever have a dispute with someone over the correct time, I know who's right.

The water resistant 100m rating is an ISO standard, described thus:
WATER RESISTANT 100M (10 ATM / 100 M) * - Suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkelling, sailing and water sports.

I've swum and snorkelled with it, and deliberately wear it in the shower so it gets a good wash.

I have a number of smarter watches (Seiko, Skagen, Armani) but this is the one I wear day-to-day, 99% of the time. When I go out in the evening, I'll choose a smarter option. The rest of the time, it's the Casio.

Accepting the small number of negatives, I can recommend this watch without hesitation.
on 19 February 2013
Pretty cheap feel unfortunately. As most people have said, the plastic backing really makes this watch feel insubstantial. Go for the stainless steel version since it actually looks more expensive. The domed glass is pretty ugly too and the bezel looks like shiny plastic. Yes it might well be titanium but the whole thing feels and looks like the shiny plastic like you would get on kids' toys. I sent mine back and exchanged it. I know it's unrealistic to expect submariner quality at this price bracket and yes this watch does have some cool tech, but that doesn't make up for how awful this watch simply feels. A difficult thing to quantify sure but it doesn't feel right. It's the watch equivalent of a sweaty, limp handshake (if you know what I mean). It just feels horrible. Such a shame, since I really wanted to like it. I've got a G-shock, tough solar wave-ceptor digital watch and that just feels iconic. This certainly doesn't.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 February 2009
Nice and light, quite rugged , lots of functions I don't understand or need, the time transmitted attribute is great, and it doesn't need a battery! It's a good price for a titanium watch, what more could you need ?
on 18 November 2013
Great watch, very comfortable to wear.
Not described very well ,they failed to mention that it was a resin case and not all titanium.
Hands are not visible in dark.
I would definitely recommend it .
on 29 May 2013
Over the years I have had many watches. These range from cheap Timex to various overpriced lumps that 'display the time'. The really expensive watches are in my mind a waste of money. I had one of the original Casio Waveceptor watches, cost £55, for 10 years of constant punishment, it finally ceased to function 3 weeks ago. I looked around the various watch sellers both online and in the shops for a suitable replacement. I finally selected this Casio. It is extremely light to wear and looks good
on 19 November 2012
I had high expectations about this watch and was not disappointed! The face is easy to read, it is always "fully Charged", and , so far, the screen seems scratch-proof.
The strap is possible to shorten yourself although there are no instructions. I advise reading the review of a similar watch which gives full instructions. Just be careful you do not drop the small lug which WILL drop out of each link when the pin is removed. This causes the friction which holds the links together