Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Sirens
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 March 2017
Very good quality
on 20 September 2008
I must say that this album is very much on par with all the other folk newcomers over the past few years. I was brought in to this genre by the beautifully crafted 'Magpie' by Stephen Fretwell. Like with Fretwell, the work of Dylan is very apparent in the influences of Greenwood.

The album shows off Greenwood's great guitar work, songwriting ability and vocals. This guy could give Fionn Regan (another favourite) a run for his money! Bats Over Barstow is the stand-out track which echoes Ryan Adams on his 'Heartbreaker' album.

The whole album is a great easy listening piece that has a timeless feel to it. If you like messers Fretwell, Regan - as well as Tom Baxter and Nick Drake, then this album is defintely for you.

Step aside Mr Dylan, we have a new folk man rolling in! Keep an eye on this one.
on 4 April 2012
This album came out a few years ago now and it still sounds great. I know his next album is scheduled for release soon, why the Heavenly label don't get behind him and release it is beyond understanding. I know lots of people that love this album. If you have any notion of what good music is, you'll like it too.
on 10 September 2008
Initially I reveiwed this album and gave it 5 stars, I have since heard it a few times and have changed my opinion drastically, this album has an instant appeal based on some pretty competant guitar playing however after a short time the songwriting has struck me as lazy and unfocused and a little bit annoying, as well as at times being a bit negative and depressing, the album also suffers from some fairly poor musical arrangements which it doesn't realy need, at only slightly over 30 minuites (and that includes two outakes which are effectivelly unfinished, unwritten songs) I think a bit more effort would have paid off all round, there are one or two tracks that almost make it worth the price but I paid more for this album than I've paid for any for a while based on Pete Greenwood playing solo and live which he seems to do very well, however this record is sloppy and lazy and that is a real shame as potentially it could have been brilliant, maybe next time