on 27 November 2012
I was bought this for my fledgling food business, principally to cook the potato and onion mix required as a stage in teh creation of Spanish tortillas. I had tried several devices before getting this one. The machine is brilliant! Accurate thermostat, good capacity but most of all it is the timer that turns off the unit when the cooking is done. This means I do not have to worry at all about consistency and quality and if I get a telephone order during cooking I can relax, knowing that the moment it is perfectly cooked it will give me an egg-timer style "ping" and switch off, ensuring that the products are consistently perfect. I cannot recommend this product enough. Yes, sometimes a few thin slices of onion slip out of the basket (as with any other fryer,) but I find if I then strain the oil through a muslin or sieve it is left clean. I use this fryer sometimes for several hours a day for this one task. There are many cheaper ones around but this is well-made, long lasting, easy to clean and for me the best bit is the timer - enabling me to work on other dishes whilst this is going on.
on 5 August 2012
Magimix never fail! I am delighted with the fryer it works well and is easy to clean! Would recommend to anyone.
on 8 May 2012
This is a good fryer. Easy to clean as well. Disassembles quite well to clean. Basket handle folds up for easy storage. Fried chips and fish in it several times now and came out 100% every time. Recommended!
on 5 January 2013
This certainly makes excellent chips. A couple of irritating design flaws. Like the basket slopes in the fryer which means you have to jiggle the chips around to ensure even cooking and the lid only fits on with the basket folded inside, which if there's oil in you can't do. But the quality of the output make it a good buy.
on 27 December 2012
This is a well designed and constructed fryer that produces consistently good results. The frying is even throughout the reservoir and the timer is a really useful addition. I would have given it five stars but for the fact that when it is packed away the handle of the basket gets partially submerged in the fat which is a minor annoyance. Apart from that it is brilliant.
on 19 January 2016
I have tried other models of deep fat fryers, some cheaper, some other types of frying, but have now reverted back to Magimix. I had a similar models a number of years ago, but think the latest model looks sleeker and easier to clean. As a user of other Magimix product it lives up to expectations
on 31 May 2016
My first deep fat fryer - 3L model is a good size for a small kitchen and works extremely well. Simple to use and pretty easy to clean. One star deducted for the basket handle. As other reviewers have pointed out, when you remove the basket you can't tip it up to empty the contents onto a plate. I have to grab a fork and kind of use it to help turn the basket upside down - awkward. It wouldn't stop me recommending this fryer though - I love it.

Edit: I have to take back what I said about the basket handle. I wasn't attaching it properly. It now works very well.
on 30 September 2013
Excellent product well built and does whats expected well. It also has a reassuringly old school tick to the timer. Small qualm is that the lid doesnt fit when the basket is in use which seems a strange omission by magimix as it would only require a couple of small notches.
Still a top product though.
on 15 August 2013
Not having access to a local fish and chip shop I decided to buy this to make my own at home. The fryer comes apart easily for cleaning. Not quite sure why there is a lid as in the small print it says to leave the lid off when cooking. After cooking you need to drain the oil off, so I store it back in the bottles. If you put the oil back in the fryer, the basked handle has to be folded back and would be in the oil. I tried chips in it first and followed the instructions but they got too brown rather quickly so next time I may reduce the temperature. I followed the instructions for cooking battered fish. I put the basket in the oil first and then carefully lowered the battered fish into the oil, but it managed to stick to the basket at the bottom, so I had to use a fish slice to get the fish out and rebattered the bottom before putting the fish back the other way up. Anyway both fish and chips were really nice. One small niggle is that the handle to the basket is loose and not fixed, so when you want to tip your chips out you need to hold the other end with an oven glove otherwise the basket sort of collapses. Also you have to turn the timer in order for the oil to heat up, so I guessed at 5 mins but the oil was hot before then, so I manually turned the timer back to zero - not sure if it is ok to do this or not.

With regard to quantity, it cooks an average amount of chips for 2 people, and 1 piece of battered fish fillet at a time, so I kept it all warm in the oven whilst cooking, so this is an ok size for 1/2 people. To summarise then I am quite happy with my purchase and if it had been possible to fix the basket handle in position I would give it a higher rating.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2014
Excellent product which produces excellent chips. Let down a bit by not having some form of cover to reduce fumes when the fryer is in use so doesn't get 5 stars but we would buy it again.

See one answered question