Format: DVD|Change

on 9 October 2008
I really loved Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging as it is light-hearted and funny, yet realistic with film-y qualities. It is a must see for all teenage girls as it relates to the problems we may have, and is just a fabulous film to relax to. Watch it with an open mind and you'll love it!
I found that as a British "chic-flic" it was much more realistic than the plastic-style ones from America. Nothing is exaggerated any more than the average teenager would and the way Georgia is is very natural.
It involves everything from friendship to family, school to social life, and, of course, boys!
If you want a film which a girl from about 12 to 17 can relate to and enjoy, this is it. Also, if you have read the books it is a fab adaptation, but it does change a lot of the things which happen, so don't expect it to be as good as the books, just different.
Buy this and you (hopefully) won't be disappointed!
on 28 March 2009
Laughter, tears, sadness and loads of fun are mixed together in this surprisingly enjoyable teen coming-of-age flick. Although this film, which details the failings and trials of 14-year-old Georgia Nicholson (adapted from Louise Rennison's hilarious books), seems to be British through and through, it's all the more surprising that this is a completely American funded film. However, British it still seems, and the sunny town of Eastbourne is a delightful setting of Georgia's flawed life. Her Dad has been offered a job in New Zealand, her mum's acting strangely and she has a major crush on "totally fit" (but also high pitch voiced) guitar-player Robbie. Gurinda Chada is fabulous as ever with her skilled direction and perfect at producing a girl comedy which doesn't cause others, who aren't in the film's intended demographic, to run from the theatres with vomit seeping through their fingers.
on 8 February 2009
I've not read the books - but absolutely loved this film. As a former teenage girl (I'm now 34!), I could really relate to the characters - but as the parent of daughters I could also relate to Georgia's mum and dad. The funniest thing was that my hasband loved it too!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 October 2014
This is my teenage daughter's favourite film. She recorded it ages ago when it was on TV but her naughty brother deleted it much to her annoyance! I purchased this which she was happy about as of course now she can watch all the extras that the DVD copy has.

We always laugh when she watches this as she knows it word for word and says the lines before the actors!! She also loved the book that the film is based on.

I've watched it myself and I do think it's a good film, very amusing!
on 19 July 2016
An excellent dd in mint condition like brand new. Really funny and perfect for teenagers. Would
recommend for girls age 13-17. Great actors including Alan Davies and
quite funny too. This DVD came on time too with no damage to packaging -
it even managed to fit through the letterbox also!
on 16 November 2008
I love all the Louise Rennison books, and couldn't wait for the films to come out, but personnally, the were a slight dissapointment. It was a good laugh, and there were some really great parts, though it was quite predictable. You might be thinking; 'Well, you've read all the books, so it's obvious that you'll most likely know what happens.', but my older sister, who hasn't read any of the books, and has even made fun of me reading them a few times, could tell exactly what was going to happen, and me and her went to see the first showing at our local cinema, so she couldn't have seen it before. I think it was really good, just, as I've said, the books were better, to me anyway! I liked the ending though :D
on 9 April 2016
I bought this because my 13 year old granddaughter said that she had seen it at school as part of "the talk"... sex education. So I thought I would see what it was all about and it was definitely watchable and had some good messages.
on 14 September 2008
I knew when I read a movie review in The Daily Mail that Angus Thong & Perfect Snogging would be translated on film as a 'tween' movie, the kind of movie that would sit well to the girls drooling over the Jonas Brothers or boasting to having watched High School Musical more than twenty times. The movie succeeds whole heartedly in creating an entertaining portrayal of the life of a 14 year old to an young audience of 9-14 year olds.

Georgia lives in Eastbourne, she lives with her little sister Libby & her parents. Georgia & her friends refer to themselves as 'the ace gang'.
The story is set into motion by an older brooding bassist, with a side fringe who looks about 18 (as opposed to 16). Georgia is on a mission to make him her boyfrined & she'll do anything to get him.
There are a few similarities between Georgia & Bidget Jones, the way they both manage to get themselves into embarassing (but funny situatuions) in the name of love & that slightly questionable ability they have to make pretty much anyone fall in love with them.
What I didn't like in the film was the overuse of stereotyping, the way her crush's girlfriend is so conveniently nasty & pretty (think an American teen movie's 'hottest girl in school'). But of course it is a tween movie & it has to cater for the young girls rooting for Georgia.
I wasn't disappointed with the film, I pretty much knew what I was going to get when I bought my cinema ticket & yes you will probably predict the ending even if you haven't read the books. (Which are targeted at girls aged 12 plus as oppossed to 9-14).
Go to see this film if you are between the ages 9-14. In relation to a story, I read in a newspaper of a mother & daughter going to see the film together the mother was shocked at the girls antics, I would say that us 14-17 year olds are doing a whole lot more than Georgia & co are, the movie is very condensed,while the books were a little edgier.
I think there is potentially a great market for mature 14-17 year olds who really want to see something real (like Welcome to the Dollhouse) & it doesn't have to be about drugs or STD's.
In conclusion a good film, definitely not an original idea but for all of those Disney & Tokio Hotel lovers out there you can't get much better.
33 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
It's a lovely coming of age movie for the younger ones as it's quite PG but with a little extra. It shows the life of one girl and how she sees her life with her friends, family and boys. I read the books when I was younger and loved them but forgot all about them when this movie came out when I was 13 and I loved it and I still do. It's a quality British movie with the use of language. If you're a teen now it's a must watch or if like me just for the nostalgia.
on 15 March 2015
I haven't read the books, but I thought the film was just brilliant! It's a perfect coming of age film, that I'm sure most people can relate to! You're definitely guaranteed a few giggles and a happy ending; highly recommend for anyone!