on 8 May 2011
My father recommended this book to me and i am delighted that he did.
If you enjoy larger than life space adventures then this is one for you, there is a splendid mix of real and Fake science (although whenever i think of fake science i always remember the communicators in the original StarTrek series and modern mobile phones, afterall what is a dream today is probably going to be reality tomorrow) and a great heroine who manages to tumble from problem to problem and triumph.
This probably isn't for you if you dont enjoy a splendid imagination and a will to beleive but i loved it.
on 15 February 2011
Fans of Anne McCaffrey's Serrano series and Asimov's Foundation series will love this! I was THRILLED!!! I read mostly fantasy epics and the odd well written Sci-fi. Don't wait, go out and buy this book!
on 19 February 2011
I'm now on the fourth book of this series; I have read each one almost non-stop and each is totally engrossing. Brilliant stuff!

Mr Thomas DePrima (if you are a Mr) please don't stop writing.
on 15 April 2011
I started this book initially not to sure what I was letting myself into with the intro explaining this was in fact a sci fi opera. But it turned out this book (and the rest in the series) are in fact a great read. You find yourself lost in the book unable to put it down. There is never any doubt about the end result of Jenetta kicking some serious butt, but how she does is always different and keeps you guessing. Highly recommended fantastic read - very happy to pay a couple of quid for each of these books provided the author keeps these coming!
on 5 May 2011
This book is the start of a series of seven books. I have read all 7 of the books and each kept me hooked enough to read them all continuously over a period of six weeks. Excellent story, consistent throughout, easy reading style, good plot. Only criticism would be why the universal standard language had to be Amer, a little parochial for my taste. That notwithstanding I look forward to next book(s) in the series. Well done Mr de Prima
on 21 April 2011
I picked this on a whim. I love science fiction and yes, I have read the greats too.
Will it be entered for the Arthur C. Clarke Award? Nope.
Hey! its not brilliant, but its a good story!.

I'm going to get the second volume, too. Make a good movie too, lets see, leading role goes to...Hayden?
Star wars? nope, never liked it; the two stupid robots and the whistling Darth Vader killed it for me, hated it.
on 26 February 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this unpretentious book. It doesn't pretend to be a great literary work or burden itself with trying to be be moralistic or spiritually uplifting. There is not much point in being too critical about it either, you like it or you don't, for me it was fun and exciting with a very satisfying end. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the genre and I look forward to reading more in the series.
on 4 March 2011
I bought this book based on its 4.5 star rating, after reading this I can say it dose not deserve more than 2.5 stars at most.
The characters are so flat & two dimensional that you often think of them as simple cardboard cut-outs. You can never really get emotionally attached to any of them.
If the heroin had been killed off three quarters of the way through the book, I could honestly say I would not have cared less.
Not only are the characters shallow but so is the plot, there are no surprises, no twists or turns & no sub plots. A competent 14 year old might have written this but surely not a professional writer.
on 18 April 2011
Very well written Really enjoyable keeping you at the edge of your seat all the way to end.
Highly recommended
on 15 February 2011
definatly a good read :) purchased and read all in one day and away to buy the second in the series what more can i say