on 13 September 2013
The method positioning and securing the airheel did not suit my ankle shape. My ankles are thin and bony, so that all attempts to fit the airheel in the correct place were thwarted by the positioning of the securing strap. In addition, the air sack under the instep caused instant pain even though I do not have flat feet!
on 30 April 2016
After years of suffering with a reoccurring achilies problem following a motorcycle accident I finally discovered the airheel brace... Awesome bit of kit that is absolutely 100% worth every penny. I suppose it depends on your individual problem but it is the only thing that has given me relief.
on 24 July 2011
I have plantar fasciitis and so was interested in this product, which was recommended by a professional. I have used Aircast products in the past and have had no problem with them.
With this product I found the sizing not to be very accurate and so ended up with one that is fractionally too big, but I have a feeling the smaller one would have been fractionally too small!
I don't know if is just me, but I found it even more painful (while trying it on) walking around the house. I have had several attempts at wearing it but have decided it is just too painful and so have moved on.
A very expensive piece of wasted equipment as I missed the return deadline after it arrived while I was away. You only get seven days to return it. Hence my perseverance with trying it.
I have since found a much cheaper option which does not cause pain that seems to work for me.
As it is so expensive I would not recommend this item.
on 27 November 2013
I can highly recommend these from a personal point of view having suffered from Achilles tendonitis for several years. i wear these all the time whilst refereeing and the pain is now coming under control.
on 20 January 2013
This product kept me running for two months with slight heel pain and without it I couldn't have done this. However in the end I had to seek a complete cure through physiotherapy.
on 22 October 2010
I work as a sports physio and my colleague (coach) has had plantar fasciitis for some time following an injury. He has been in various degrees of pain for some time and like most footballers has "put up with it" which obviously is not reccommended.
His orthopaedic consultant gave him this Aircast airheel ( good old NHS)to wear for six weeks before assessing again. As soon as he put it on and walked around he had instant relief. So perhaps the one star reviews are not totally accurate as it has given my colleague a new lease of life. Just a thought, have a look at other reviews on this product and then buy at a good price from Amazon.
on 16 November 2012
I bought it to help me go through my plantar fasciitis. It did not work for me and I found it too expensive.
No worth value for money.
I had to return it at the end.
on 18 February 2014
Complete waste of money. Didn't provide any relief whatsoever. Promptly returned for a refund. Better of strapping the foot to relieve the pain.
on 6 December 2015
The air cushion works but the little tube that inflates the cushion seemed to stick in to my foot and was uncomfortable in my training shoes.
on 2 July 2014
A bit pricey for what it is, but hopefully will assist in my recovery!!