on 7 December 2010
I bought this for myself as a treat. As a LOTR fan it was a 'must have' more than a 'treat'. This piece of jewellery is beautiful for everyday wear or a special night out.

Honestly, you don't even need to be a LOTR fan to buy it. Many people have asked me is it an angel or a fairy (more the angel). My only problem with this is that it gets abit dusty in the nooks and crannys and I don't have a clue on how I'm going to clean it without damageing anything. However, the sheer beauty of the evenstar outweights this little con.
66 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2012
The pendant is beautiful, I bought it as a gift for my sisters birthday and was dubious on arrival if it was genuine. Upon researching, the company is Germany and an official manufacturer so I am pleased.
on 21 July 2010
I was racking my brains trying to come up with a not-too-predictable present for a friend's birthday, and Amazon galloped to the rescue with this offering. For any fan of LOTR, it's a beautiful reminder to have, but even non-fans (they exist, I understand) couldn't help but admire this. It's just over 2 inches long and it isn't remotely gaudy. The sterling silver is solidly crafted, the stones are really clear and have a tremendous sparkle, and it has a really reassuring weight to it. Time will tell, but it does feel like a good quality piece that will last. It comes in a rather stylish presentation box, but you'll need to find an appropriate chain for it, which can prove a bit of a headache. I ended up buying a plain length of silver chain and a few fixings from an online bead/crafts supplier, and it was a matter of minutes to put it together with a pair of beading pliers. It's a nice inexpensive option and lets you get a good feel for the right length.

I was a bit concerned about the size of the item when reading its specs, but it's not at all ostentatious and the timelessness of the design means that it goes with basically any outfit, although it looks particularly stunning against a neutral colour.

Really pleased I went for this... just a little reluctant to wrap it up and give it away!
on 18 March 2011
We do happen to be fans of the films! and have always admired the evenstar and this is a really beautiful piece. I got a beautiful chain at a good price to complement it and am going to wear it for my wedding, in August, tho' how I am going to resist wearing it before, I do not know. It will definitely be a talking point and it's amazing how many people recognise it. absolutely love it!
just be careful to get the right length chain to make it sit exactly where you want it
on 27 March 2013
This was a gift for my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary, and was very much appreciated (after the initial shock of it). Looks good with anything and really sparkles. Arrived promptly despite the stated 1-2 month delivery estimate. Would highly recommend to any LOTR's fan,and those obscure people who aren't.
on 23 April 2014
I am very pleased I purchased this pendant as I am a big fan of The Lord Of The Rings films and The Hobbit films. I received the One Ring for my 16th birthday I have always wanted the Evenstar. This pendant is well worth the price and is of a high quality standard and it says on the back of the tin it came in (official product by Schumann design) which is a German company who make official jewelry replicas from films and is under license by New Line Productions the tin also has the New Line Cinema logo on the back. It doesn't come with a necklace but upon reading other peoples reviews I purchased an official Lord Of The Rings chain to go with it which was released to coincide with the first part of The Hobbit films. The pendant is contained in a small sealable bag and has a foam sheet on top of it so it doesn't get scratched. Thank you Amazon UK
on 5 February 2015
Beautiful piece of jewellery, very well made. Will be wearing this on Valentines day when my husband and I go out for a meal. Comes in Lord of the Rings box, sparkling and quite heavy. Very pleased and impressed with this item.
on 16 June 2014
This was my 12th anniversary present which I asked for after watching the film again. I don't know how it compares to others on sale but it really is lovely. Needs a strong chain to wear it on though, probably no less than 2mm. There is a nice rope chain I would like for mine also on amazon.

It arrived in good time too.
on 10 March 2014
Bright and sparkly and symmetrical in the loops underneath (so many replicas are very sloppy looking)
This is the official brand apparently to make official replicas.

Only bad thing is no chain but I have one allready from the one ring I brought a while ago :-p

I will be wearing this on my wedding day (I am a big geek of LOTR)
on 9 March 2014
I bought this for my mum for Christmas after telling me she has always wanted one since the first lord of the rings movie. I've grown up since and got a job and got her what she wanted. Beautiful quality. Note the back is hollow and not a full piece. It's still worth the money is say and it is quite a nice size not too small not too big.