on 10 November 2008
This is the best boxset ever, and best show ever. I have been a Charmed fan for years, and have been waiting for a decent price with a great design for the boxset. I had one before but it was the thin book of shadows one, which inside, the discs are just in crappy sleeves, and thats it, really poor design. This boxset is so more superior. When you open it up it reveals 4 boxes, each with a sister on it, and each box has two seasons in it. When you open this up, on the inside cover there is a list of all the episodes in that box, unfortunately no description of what that episode is about though. And then see-through flip parts with the discs held in it. It also comes with a great bonus disc with some interviews and making of, etc. The only thing I didn't like about this boxset was that you have to shove your fingers in the side to try to get a box out, but this isn't a big deal, just slightly annoying.
Given the other alternatives, with either poor design, or really expensive, like the magic chest one, this is by far the best. Also the ones I've watched so far have English Subtitles, so if you're hard of hearing like me, it's really useful.
If you haven't seen Charmed and don't know what it's like or what it's about then read on. The program is about 3 sisters who discover they are witches and have to battle demons. Every episode they have a bad guy, usually a demon to defeat, and along with that we share in their personal lives, through their heartache, job problems, and watch them grow as people as the series' continue. At the end of each season there is some form of 'big baddie' to defeat, and especially towards the later series these are full of explosions, drama, and varying emotions. In Season 4 there is a huge event, (I won't give anything away incase you haven't seen it but) another sister comes into the show. This show is very funny, sad, tense, and just brilliant. It's about good and evil battling, but also about the importance of family, and true love always finding a way. It's got great actors, great storylines, and a very very hot cast of both female and male hotties. With plot twists, explosions, drama, humour, and love this is by far the best show ever!
If you like programmes like Buffy, Angel, Smallville, etc, the 'good v evil, beat the baddies' kind of programs then Charmed is the boxset for you. I have watched each episode 15-20 times, and could still watch it another million. There are some great programmes out there, but sometimes you can only watch them a few times over, but not with Charmed, I watch it all the time and drive my fiance mad!
It's well worth the money, and the best out of all the boxsets to buy.
If your still not sure catch a few episodes on repeat on the Living channel, and fall in love with this series just as I did.
Hope this helps everybody!
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2008
I have bought the Limited Magic Chest edition with "Charmed" Complete Series - Seasons 1 to 8.

It arrived today and I was very well impressed with the work detail - the real wood and leather straps on the chest with all the 8 season packages inside and a rolled up scroll (that is an original certificate of the limited edition with a beautiful red tie the wrap it up, like a scroll with a magic potion :) )

As I have some times asked other for subtitles specifications (because I'm from Portugal and although I can understand very well english, it helps to have the english subtitles on the TV bottom), now it's my turn to contribute with good information about this great edition. So, I'm going to list all the information about languages and subtitles for all 8 seasons, because there are differences.

I also take the opportunity to kindly ask Amazon.co.uk that began to include subtitles information on the technical specs of the DVD editons. It may not be very important to english buyers, but it is to all the others.

There we go:

--//--

Subtitles:
----------
Seasons 1 to 3 and 5
English for the Hearing Impared, English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish.

Season 4
English for the Hearing Impared, English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish.

Seasons 6 to 8
English for the Hearing Impared, English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish.
44 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 August 2012
I don't have anything against this series, and seconds as a brilliant present for someone. BUT my only most common problem with this box set is it's fragility. The Box Set gets damaged so easily. They really need to upgrade the packaging on this box set. Have any of you ever purchased the Band of Brothers Box Set, be it Blu-ray or DVD? The Set arrives in it's very own protective box within the amazon packaging. I really feel that they need to consider doing the same for this item or update the existing Charmed Box Set to something a lot more durable. That's my only problem, as I've bought this item several times to give as a gift, and I think I was lucky once, that it wasn't damaged! I even supplied photo's as an example (by the titles images) of the condition in which I received the item. So, just be aware.
review image
on 18 March 2007
Wow my boxset arrived around two weeks ago and I was definitely not disappointed, the chest which the boxsets come in is amazing really good quality and limited edition so a must for all charmed fans.

I am quite tempted to just stay in forever more reliving all the episodes of charmed, but alas I have to work for a living so at the moment i am just up to season two, so i have around 156 episodes still to watch.

I would recommend this to anyone who loved the series!
on 30 May 2015
I have just received my Box Set of Charmed Seasons 1-8 and I have to say it was worth the money! When you get it it comes in a beautiful presented black box and inside are two big plastic cases! Then inside them are seasons 1-4 in one and seasons 5-8 in the other box! On the inside of the box it gives you a list of all the episodes in the seasons!!!! This is totally worth the cost and the best purchase in my opinion that I have ever made! I love charmed so much and this box set couldn't make me more happier!!! Defiantly a 5 star rating and cannot wait to watch them!! If you haven't watched charmed before you should get this box set because it's an absolute outstanding show which everyone will laugh at! So my question to you is, The Charmed Ones are ready? Are You?
review image review image review image review image review image
on 8 March 2007
I got my Magic chest today and it certainly does not disapoint, the wooden box is really well made and makes a great collectors piece to store the ultimate collection, better than I expected.

This box set contains all the episode ever sold on dvd, this works out much cheaper than buying each series individually, so its also great value for money.

If your a charmed fan this really is a must, as it is a limited piece you will not regret it, hours and hours of witchcraft fun!!

Snap it up before they are all gone.
The premise of this Tv series [1998-2006] is that three sisters discover they are witches and work together to protect the innocent from evil beings such as demons and warlocks. Each sister has a unique power, which grows and develops throughout the series and much of the plot revolves around their attempts to maintain normal lives in modern-day San Francisco whilst keeping their supernatural identities separate and secret from their ordinary lives.
Each series comes enclosed in its own slim-line gatefold style box, typically holding 6 or so discs. The discs open to a basically European language choice before offering audio options [German, English, Spanish, French or Italian.], subtitles [as languages and some Scandinavian ones] and episode selection. There is no ‘play all’, so you have to make your selection at the end of each episode, there being typically 4 to a disc.
I only managed to catch the occaisional episode when they aired on Tv, so having them all in a single box set was a real boon. This is the series that made the term Wicca ‘household’ and ‘popular’, helping to spawn a Tv witchcraft/supernatural genre although looking back, the acting in the first few episodes is a bit awkward, but once they all get used to one another it improves markedly.
With all 8 series and containing 178 40-45 minute episodes, this is excellent value for the money. There is some harsh swearing [which I hadn’t noticed first time around] and some sexual themes, this isn’t entirely whole family viewing –which it easily could have been, but remains a good evening 15 rated view.
I actually purchased this for a friend but will definitely be buying one for myself as I love Charmed but find that the 8 separate box sets that I have take up a lot of room. This fabulous and compact box (it's a lot smaller than the picture would indicate) is just the right size for someone with not much storage space. The previous reviewer has provided a very accurate and detailed description of the contents so I won't repeat that. The boxset has been well made and presented, you can see a lot of thought and care went into it. Within the larger box there are 4 smaller boxsets each containing 2 seasons of Charmed - what I really liked about this is that the cds have been kept the same colour that they were in the original boxsets eg) Season 2= orange, Season 7=yellow so that you know which season you are in whilst working your way through each set. I also like the fact that each of the 4 sisters is represneted on the front of the boxsets - the last season didn't make any mention of Prue not even in the last episode so I think it's right they included SHannon's face on the sets seeing as she contributed a lot to establishing a great series. There's also a bonus cd - HUNT AROUND! IT's hard to see because it comes in a separate thing cardboard thing which I didn't notice for ages. THis has some extra documentaries about the making of CHarmed etc but more importantly, it has a documentary on The Men of Charmed -whihc, I'm sure you know, are GORGEOUS!
The only bugbear that I would have is that I would liked to have a leaflet thing that gave a short synopsis of each episode like you have in the paper sheathed boxsets. I find that really helpful in identifying episodes which i'm pick n' mixing and not watching an entire season all the way through.

ALl in all, if you are a fan of Charmed you NEED this boxset!!! Small, compact yet bursting wiht all the character of CHarmed, it's a perfect gift either for someone else or yourself! Well and truly recommended.
on 27 March 2016
Thought when watched first cd all was good but I know this program well and there are many parts missing on what i have watched so far which is up to season 4. Quality is not bad just the missing parts which is quite annoying. I know they say you get what you pay for but i do not agree with this as you are buying what you think is the full 8 seasons. So if you do buy beware all seasons are not there in full. But as said have only watched till season 4 rest might be ok but i doubt it.
VINE VOICEon 19 January 2007
I'm sure if you're looking at this you know how good Charmed is - and well worth the 5 stars, but the box it comes in is fantastic! I've just had the opportunity of seeing one for real and have a play with it - remarakable quality, possibly the best ever DVD packaging I've seen.

It's real wood, metal hinges and catches, and it's substantial rather than flimsy The pictures being used on here really are a good representation rather than something to tempt you but ultimately dissapoint you. Full marks to Paramount!!

The perfect present for a devoted Charmed one (hint hint!) ;-)