Customer reviews

Sterling 122C 12 x 2100mm Double Loop Vinyl Coated Steel Cable with Self Coiling
Package Quantity: 1|Style: Double Loop Vinyl Coated|Change

on 2 March 2017
Good heavy cable well made fairly thick reassuring addition to my U-lock - maybe a bit heavy for carrying around on your bike... But cables can be cut so a good heavy duty cable is a must.! Best used in addition to your primary security and or with a ground anchor.
on 10 August 2017
Sturdy!
on 13 September 2011
This cable is great. It is very thick and the plastic coating has withstood use as a bike cable. It is plenty long enough for most uses including through both bike wheels and the frame. It can be a bit awkward when trying to pull it out straight but the fact that it coils itself means that it is easy to transport. It doesn't have a lock with it but you can be sure that the cable wont be the weak part of any assembly. When someone tried to cut the cable they only managed to cut through the outer coating and not the cable.
on 26 April 2017
Bit awkward to use as it is made to coil, but perfect for the job.
on 27 November 2014
I bought this cable as a replacement for my Kryptonite cable that came with my lock. The only thing I use it for is to secure the quick release wheels on my bike.

I have a major grievance with this cable. I'll be honest, it's a massive pain in the ***. It's very tightly coiled - if you straighten it out, it coils back into the position in the photo. This makes it considerably more difficult to use the cable. It's so tightly coiled that to get it stretched out is difficult and it actively makes it harder to pass the cable between the spokes. You'll get it halfway through and you'll be trying to hold both ends of the cable with one hand and the lock with the other.. and it snags against the spokes.. AGHH.. and you can completely forget about doing the trick where you thread the thread the eyelet though another eyelet. Far more trouble than it's worth on this cable. Ignore my advice at your peril.

On the plus side, it's thicker than the Kryptonite, it does the job, and it's easy to store. I'd rather have it than no cable. But if you are planning to use it for the same thing as me, save yourself a TON of headache and just get something else.
on 9 June 2014
Good replacement for what originally came with my Magnum lock, please be aware this on its own is not sufficient to protect a bike, it is simply a way to deter thieves from taking your front wheel.

In conjunction with a Sold Secure lock, I would recommend wrapping this around your front wheel and frame, then around something which is solidly in the ground, put one of the loops through the opening on the other loop and pull it to your sold secure lock, then put your Sold Secure lock through that loop to secure your front wheel to your frame.

This will not stop the best of thieves, but will put off any opportunists.
on 8 October 2013
This Vinyl Coated Steel Cable is very strong which gives you the confort in using for increasing of your personal staff security. Recomand to everybody.
on 31 July 2012
Bought this for about £10. I use it to extend the reach of my d lock for my new motorbike. I have to say it seems well made and for the price is great though it is not quite as chunky and secure as I had thought from the pictures. The length is just right though to allow for securing my bike to street furniture where possible. I would recommend it for the price.
on 17 October 2014
I am quite pleased with this Cable so far, it springs back after use which is handy, feels very sturdy and You can put it through the spokes in the wheels quite easily And wraparound things, I got a nice strong Lock to go with it, Very versatile It arrived quickly very pleased that the price
on 29 August 2016
i use this in conjunction with a On-Guard Pitbull LS-8002 Keyed Shackle Lock, I thread it through my saddle and front wheel. I am sure a determined theif would have no trouble cutting it but will stop the opertunist from running off with my saddle/wheel.