• JANE

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£2.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 12 March 2017
Very disappointing album from one of my favourite singers - too many self-penned songs but when she sings the standards,she soars!
TP Kedian
South Africa
on 2 August 2008
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Jane's new cd at her concert in Skegness. Jane herself said that it's her best to date and I certainly can't disagree with that, I would go as far as to say it's fabulous and can't stop playing it! Jane's style has changed over the years and her voice has improved (if that's possible) and listening to her cd's was never quite what you get when you see her in concert but with this latest offering it's just like hearing her sing live.
An inspired choice of songs and wonderful musical arrangements certianly do make this her best to date and show just how versatile her voice is. Five of the songs are Jane's own, co-written with Lisa Harman, then there are a couple of Barry Manilow numbers, 'Even now' and 'One Voice' which Jane really makes her own. Doctors Orders and Nine Times Out Of Ten are the fun ones guaranteed to have you singing along and dancing around the living room (or is it just me?) The Edith Piaf number 'If You Love Me', is a very brave choice, but no need to worry Jane pulls it off with ease.
An amazing cd from our best loved Diva, buy it now!
on 11 August 2008
I have always been a Jane fan since "the cruise" days so i knew she had a good voice, after playing this latest album all I can say is WOW! Her voice is stronger than ever and the way she gets and holds those high notes is amazing. The song choice is great there's fun songs and emotional ones too like her own song "not a day goes by" which is a beautifull song. Also one to look out for is the last song "one voice" the way she holds that note at the end of the song!!!
If you like jane then you will love this album - its her best yet.
I have loaded it on my mp3 player so i can play it again and again and again.........
on 11 August 2008
This is Jane's 5th studio album and a vast improvement on her 3rd and 4th, even surpassing her fantasic 2nd album,Inspiration.

Jane's own self written track You Do it all for me is just excellent!

and Doctors Orders is fantastic but fades out too soon just as Jane is really going for it.This along with How Do you keep the music playing and One Voice are THE highlights of this album

It's so nice to have Jane..a refreshing change, a good singer and not cavorting about in her undies to sell records.
Buy this!!
on 12 January 2014
This was given away as a gift, but I know they are very pleased with it and constantly playing it.
on 17 January 2015
Great
on 8 January 2017
love it
on 31 August 2008
I can't say that I follow Jane in the devoted way that some other fans do. I did once put on her "Love at the movies" album that my mother has and I really didn't like it at all, although I do confess that I have her first two albums and "This is the moment" is a song I adore.

That said, I've just watched "Return to The Cruise" on the TV, as it was a series I enjoyed at the time and it made me think about buying this CD. I'm glad I did. I love the infectiousness of "Doctor's orders" and "Nine times out of ten", but I've been bowled over by her own compositions. I particularly love "Time for love", which has a wonderful rhythm and cadence to it.

Jane, from one Yorkshire person to another, the cover versions are great lovey, but next time, be brave and put out an album of your own stuff. You can cut it, I've heard the evidence on here. Even so, this has 5 stars for being a great album to listen to.