Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 11 July 2010
As anybody who has had fertility issues or undergone IVF knows, though you can control the physical side of things (cutting out alcohol, smoking, caffeine etc), the mind goes into absolute overdrive....did the last IVF not work because I was too negative, did I overcompensate the next time by being too optimistic, am I too stressed, blah blah aargh!! Having had 2 unsuccessful IVF attempts, I found I could cope fairly well with the physical side of things but found myself thinking about the cycle all the time and stressing out about everything else in my life and how it would affect the outcome. In middle of round 3 now and got this CD just as I started down-regulation and I find it great. Fell asleep halfway through the first few times and felt really relaxed afterwards, lately I'm finding I am sort of semi-awake all the way through- aware of what she is saying but half asleep at the same time. There are 3 sessions in total, one for pre-embryo transfer, one for post and then one for the 2 week wait, which is where I think they will be really beneficial. All in all, would really recommend it.
on 15 January 2013
I download this from iTunes. My acupuncturist recommended it, but warned me many people find it irritating.
She was correct! It is mostly relaxation music, which I have plenty of already. You also get told to make a heart shape with our hands at the umbilicus (tummy button) which it too high for your ovaries and your womb. (They are under the bony bit at the front of your pelvis, just in case you did not know. The womb won't appear above it until you are 12 weeks pregnant!)
I also felt charging well over £15 by the time you include P&P, especially when most of it was music, was ripping off vulnerable people.
That said it did help me, just not enough.
So I went hunting and found thisSelf Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy Healing, Emotional Support and positive visualisations for your I.V.F cycle and all assisted conception methods This CD was excellent. I can't comment on the leaflets that came with it, which frankly had a slight snake oil feel to them, but the CD has been very helpful The others in the waiting room at the ivf clinic, after listening to me play it on my phone, have gone out and bought it too.
Good luck and beautiful babies to everyone under going ivf.
on 3 April 2012
I felt that Zita west was annoyed doing this cd and found her quite patronising. I also find it annoying that she tells you to put your hands on your belly button before she begins just to tell you again to put your hands on your belly button once she has begun! I ended up winding forward each track which made it a bit hit and miss to find best starting point. There are other ivf CDs on the Market which I find more relaxing and effective. Having said that her 2ww relaxation is great since you really focus on loving and welcoming your embryo(s).
on 9 September 2016
It is relaxing and I quite liked the pre transfer track. And then I listed to the post transfer and the two week wait tracks. They are basically the same. A couple of sentances extra at key points but that's it. It's not worth the money. And if I hear her mention belly button or umbillicus any more ... really not needed.
on 28 January 2010
I purchased this CD and have really found using it useful and helpful. I really recommend it for women who are struggling getting pregnant or are undergoing IVF.
on 2 March 2014
This is just a relaxation CD - you can download anything as good for free from the iPhone Apps but cause it's aimed at fertility & IVF they've upped the price & get away with it. Don't waste your money, just use any free positive thinking / relaxation app - it will do the same job!
on 8 January 2014
I used this during my IVF treatment and it certainly helped to relax me once I got used to zoning in to it. Was good to be able to pick and choose the different sessions.
on 14 August 2013
These CDs were immensely useful at calming me down, helping me sleep ... and along with her book on fertility where the best things i did to help become a parent. I would recommend them and I have to say I was cynical before I started
on 31 March 2013
I loved this CD and used it daily in the run up to and after my IVF. I think she has a lovely tone and a soothing voice which helps the relaxation function of the CD but also appreciated the integrated nature of the approach with visualisation and the focus on acupressure points.
on 4 April 2011
This is my second cycle and am having accupuncture, this is where the cd comes into it's own, the relaxed chilled feeling lasts for around 2 days for me after a session. I do listen every day at home during treatment but as treatment is over many weeks I find that I tend to not listen but fall asleep during the 2ww sessions, which itself can't be bad as I'm still relaxing.