Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 April 2011
Though listed as designed for mixing batter it is much more versatile than that. It is useful for any mixture that needs to be transferred or poured. I find if I've whizzed-up the ingredients for cake, for example, it's easier to transfer the mix to a cake tin from this bowl rather than just holding the rim of a conventional mixing bowl. The bowl has a rubberized base that keeps it firmly on the work surface while mixing and the handle is comfortable in the hand. It's a sturdy bowl that can withstand pressure on a sieve resting on the edges. I recently spilled the contents of a flimsier plastic bowl as it buckled as I put pressure on sieve.

The only warning I would give is that the plastic of this bowl is quite rigid and in the past I had a Good Grips bowl of the same material and when I by mistake dropped it on the floor (just vinyl floor covering) on its side it split in two.
on 22 December 2011
As I have rheumatoid arthritis I find that all good grip items are ideal for me as have problems with my hands and griping items. This is a welcome addition to my kitchen. It is also ideal to any able bodied person as the base is rubber and if you are using an electric whisk it does not slide about the work surface.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 December 2014
Although not personally disabled, other family members introduced me to the brand and whatever form a product may take they offer ease of use, practicality, good design and a long working life.

Although described as a batter bowl, the relatively tall bowl in relation to its maximum diameter will also prove useful for mixing sauces, omelette mixtures and anything else that is liquid. The bowl has a smooth interior finish with internal markings in cups and metric volumes that will prove useful, even if not completely accurate. It appears to be of a non-fragile nature and should therefore survive normal kitchen accidents. There is a pouring spout which will prove useful with Yorkshire puddings, soufflés and other mostly wet mixes where you need several cooked items to be of equal size and substance.

The base is non-slip and either silicone or synthetic rubber as is its handle which is large and textured for those who have grip issues. The same material is used for the handles, and sometimes other parts, of most of the brand's products. Although some OXO products can be a little pricier than others, this was available under a Black Friday Deal price and therefore impossible to ignore.

Highly recommended!
HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 December 2014
This is a useful bowl for mixing and pouring batter. The bowl itself is plastic, but feels quite robust and the sides are nice and high to avoid splashes. The base and the handle have a rubber coating, which makes it easy to grip and stops the base from slipping. The inside of the bowl has markings for Litres (capacity is 2 litres) and US Cups. Obviously, we don’t measure things in US Cups here, but I don’t think it is a problem. Basically, it is a great bowl for mixing any kind of batter, pancake or cake mixture, and it is easy to pour the mixture out. I find this invaluable now, when I am cooking as it has so many uses – from cakes to omelettes – and is nicely made and easy to use.
on 9 April 2013
As with anying made by Oxo this is a good item which is well made. I have only given three stars because it doesn't seem that well balanced when in use.
on 7 February 2013
We have homemade pancakes for breakfast with our 3yr old and 5yr old most Sunday mornings, and Ive wanted one of these bowls for ages. This one doesnt disappoint, its a good size for a family of 4, the handle is sturdy and has the Good Grips rubber surface. The spout pours well and the rubber bottom means it doesnt slip when mixing. Overall Im very happy with it.
on 11 May 2015
This bowl is perfectly functional and generally works fine, however, having used it now for a couple of months, there are two things that really irritate me about it: firstly, the colour of mine was not exactly white but more a grey/pinky white, so looks unattractive next to other kitchenware that is actually white; and secondly - and I think other reviewers have mentioned this - the true base is so small that it is easily upset and I am endlessly putting it down and then having to catch it as it starts topple. Considering the relatively high price of this item I am pretty disappointed and would certainly not purchase again. There are better, much cheaper versions of this thing out there.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 May 2014
This has rapidly become my favourite kitchen bowl. Easy to hold, doesn't slip about on the work top and just the right size for most recipe ingredients. I love it.
on 21 December 2013
love it. great size and great item. well worth the money. I love all their items. Brilliantly made & thought out.
on 17 November 2013
Like all Oxo brand items, this does what it says in a very satisfactory way. A decent size, the rubber feet keep it firmly on the counter, so no spills and thrills! Good quality for the price, looks nice, and works well with the electric whisk. I've used this a lot already when making muffins and cupcakes, and it ensures no messy overfill of baking tins.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse