on 3 March 2014
This is a low cost diagnotic reader. It will give you the fault code and it comes complete with a book that will tell you what the fault actually is from the reading. I actually bought it becasue I yhave an engine management light that occasionally comes on and this little device will clear it in a few easy steps. There are better and more expensive ones around but for the money it is very good.
on 14 April 2017
Ordered this as my wife's car engine management light kept coming on and then going off. Found out it was a problem with No.2 cylinder burning lean. Put an injector cleaner in a tank of fuel, and Bob's yer uncle, light has gone out, did a diagnostic and now it says no codes, so all is good.
on 28 November 2015
excellent value, recommended by a friend, instant delivery via prime, self diagnosis paid for the item first time used and subsequently used by friends to save us all a fortune in lieu of taking car to garage and getting ripped off as usual - every car should have one
on 7 September 2013
I had a long running issue with an engine management light on my mazda 6. There was no major issue causing it to trigger but the dealership and head office continued to blame my driving style. Anyway in order to avoid repeated diagnostics and huge bills I came upon this simple device. It arrived the day after ordering and in a few minutes I had reset a recently triggered light. The code was the same benign one which was the recurrent issue. Simply plug in and go through the menus as advised in the manual. Don't worry if it doesn't uplink immediately. Just try again. Years of niggly frustration solved! Also dealerships are just ripping people off for a few minutes of work.
on 9 March 2016
Surprisingly decent quality and a well lit display for the money. And as far as I can tell it works well with my 05 fiesta. It gave me a code for a suspected problem with the injectors.
on 7 June 2016
Well worth the money. Engine management light came on Citroen C2 1.4 HDi. After some hit and miss diagnosis, found this little thing. Plugged it in, and it showed two fault codes, relating to the air flow sensor. Resulted in a much cheaper fix than a visit to the garage. Even if the code shown isn't in the manual provided (there's an extensive list in there) a quick search online will diagnose the problem.
on 16 November 2017
Auto Sparks can charge what ever they like to use their diagnostic tool!.
Don't get sucked into that one!.
I did and he charged me £15 to tell me what I already knew!.
on 9 April 2015
Works a treat - help diagnose a problem I had , Tried on My Car SAAB 93 TID (2005) and a Mazda MX5 (MK3.0) Reads the Fault and show the code , Clears The Fault , Great bit of Kit . Just Make sure you Connect it correctly
on 13 September 2013
I ordered the code reader for my Astra and found it would not even power up, whether it was because it was faulty or non compatible with the Astra I don,t know, either way it was no good to me, on the positive side a refund was quickly organized
on 13 May 2012
This scanner works on my Suzuki Grand Vitara 1.6 petrol 2003 model. I had an engine warning light appear on my car about 1 year ago. Taking it to a garage i was charged £30 pounds for for a diagnostic and came up code p0400 EGR valve malfunction. I was charged another £60 to have the valve cleaned. however, the warning light came on again within a month but went back off after a few days. This warning light has continued to come on and off since but never bothered to have it looked at as the car runs smoothly. Also, was quoted £330 for a new EGR VALVE so decided to leave it.
Finaly the engine check light came on and stayed on so rather than be ripped off by a garage for another diagnostic decided to try this scanner.
The product arrived within two days and soon after plugging in the scanner confirmed the EGR valve malfuction code P0400 as suspected but also P0130 O2 Sensor malfunction (bank1 sensor 1). I am now looking to replace this sensor and can pick one up on the internet for £60. Hence this unit has paid for itself already. I fully recommend this product.