on 18 February 2014
my title says it all,not sure what it is,acting,camera work etc but what ever they've done,this version I find scarier than the Japanese version,I think it's down to the editing,as the 'shocks' do come at you unannounced,which as a horror fan is exactly what you want.
on 6 July 2017
The only complaint about this dvd is that I need to use subtitles.I could only get subtitles for the commentary and not for the dialogue.A great film though.
on 29 October 2013
I enjoyed this movie and have actually watched it a couple of times since owning the DVD. It has a good story line which keeps you engaged and it's definitely scary! Lot's of suspense and parts that will make you jump. I haven't seen all of the original Japanese version but this seems like a good re-make to me.
on 18 March 2013
Watched this on my own and it left me petrified I love horrors and never get scared but this is in a league of its own. If you want a good scare this is for you I can't wait to watch grudge 2 I don't think I will watch it by myself tho.
on 27 July 2017
decent movie
on 1 September 2016
I just love scary movies and this one is no exception.
on 17 January 2012
After watching the original Japanese version, I instantly wanted to see the American remake. I don't get scared by horror films, so i predicted it to be ok. But it was actually ok. There are some cheap jump scares, and some genuinely scary parts. Like the part where the the social worker enters the loft at the begging. I won't spoil it for you. I just wish there were those full on scares that scare you at night.
Overall, I would give it four stars. I might consider the sequel, but then again, most sequels are disappointing.
on 2 August 2017
Brilliant Drama
on 7 July 2015
The 3rd movie is nothing to do with the grudge, there's only a 3rd one to the Japanese version
on 4 August 2014
Seems to be scarier than the original release. Good film.