on 6 April 2013
My MBT tyre was terribly noisy, with this the situation has changed radically. It is still noisy but at an acceptable level.

Few minor issues I found:
- the tyre size is very narrow (1.25), something I didn't realized when I bought it so I had to look for an inner tube with right dimensions as well.
- it leaves some residuals on the trainer roller that I had to clean regularly - especially when new
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Really good product. I had read that magnetic trainers were noisy, but i couldn't afford a liquid one, but once i put the training tyre on, i was shocked how much quieter it is compared to a normal slick road tyre. I use this for my mountain bike and it really works well and makes it much smoother. I live in a flat and didnt want to disturb the neighbours below. Now that i am using this training tyre i dont think they are even aware when i am training. I am very happy with it. It can be a bit stiff to put on so may buy a cheap spare wheel for training to avoid having to swap tyres.
on 6 April 2017
What a difference from using a groove tire. So much smoother and the noise is dramatically reduced.
Overall feels so much better.
This is a must have!
on 12 January 2018
Bought this as my old road tyre fell to bits. So far so good. Must have done a couple of hundred miles or so and no real issues.

It was a a bit of a pain to fit and initially it slipped a lot on the trainer, erg was all over the place. I ended up scrubbing the tyre with some sandpaper and that sloved the problem.
on 28 September 2017
nice to be able to ride infront of the tv was abit loud so brought a new tyer which made it better
on 15 August 2016
Use with a Tacx turbo during the winter months. Don't know the difference in composition between this and a road tyre but not had a problem with it.
on 6 April 2017
perfect. very difficult to assemble as this was my first time but got there in the end :)
on 16 January 2017
Good training tyre, a little bit of a tight fit compared to most road tyres. but thats a very small issue.
on 9 February 2014
Great training tyre. Relatively simple to fit and very quiet in operation. Hardly gets warm, a good investment for a turbo trainer.
on 1 December 2014
Works perfectly with my Tacx trainer, it's just a real pain to get fitted - possibly as it's the first folded tyre I've ever fitted but it was hard work.