Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 July 2011
I accidently lost track of gravity and stumbled into 'A Slight Return Home.' It was a 'oh my gosh, I have gotta know who that is and I must have...NOW!" Luckily the fan-video it had been layered with coughed up the origins of the music (which it seems to have been a starting point for many & their subsequent romance with the Woodpigeons). Youtube gave me a taste of the rest & it isn't all instrumental tapestries of the soul, you know. I was met with a Belle & Sebastian pouring tea for Mogwai kind of soundscape. It was love. And perhaps this was to blame for 2 of their albums invading my home, nestled on the music shelf between the Doves & Jacob Golden. And perhaps this CD has lead me to singing Death by Ninja (a love song) to my partner. Or maybe it hasn't, only he can tell you if that really happened.
on 3 November 2015
Love Woodpigeon after seeing them live and buying the 'Treasury Library Canada' album, one of my all time favourite albums. 'Songbook' looking to be up there with it. Sublime.