on 31 October 2013
The programme is very good indeed, very good value for money...... BUT the advert did not state this was a trial version with NO serial number provided so you cannot register it, and it frequently asks you to register, every time it tells you there are updates available but then they are only valid if it is registered and does state that it is only valid for thirty days without registration.

Had I have known the limitation I would not have bought it.
If I had not bought it I would not have known how good this software is.....
on 14 November 2012
I recently purchased a new computer with windows 8 and found that there was no word processing software included. I looked at purchasing the well known brand that I had always used but found it incredibly expensive for what I needed. I bought the Ability Office for £4.99 with free post and packaging and thought I'd give it a try. It is fantastic. Compatible with windows 8, loaded like a dream and registered online no problem whatsoever. I am totally impressed and would recommend this product to anyone and everyone.
on 7 July 2013
seemed a cheap alternative to the well known product,
but other people reported problems opening various docs
of mine, almost as soon as I started using it. The compatibility
Pack seemed to tie up a lot of processor time, and various
resource programs highlighted it as the cause. Don't know,
removed it, and the CD is sat on the shelf, did not do what
it said on the tin, same probs as Open Office, and Libre, just
not truly compatible with the well known product.
on 28 October 2012
I bought this after much searching for something a lot less in price than Microsoft Office. So far it has not disappointed. Items in my Documents file that had been transferred from my old PC open fairly easily and writing letters and printing envelopes are not a problem, just done in a slightly different way to Microsoft. Don't be put off by the price! I am glad I purchased it.
on 24 May 2012
I bought this product to apply for jobs and send in my CV to employers. However, you can't open any documents sent by anyone and any saved documents can't be opened by others!
This product works if you want to create documents and then send them by post, thereby negating the whole point of e-mail!
Save your money and get Microsoft, it may cost a bit more but you can be guaranteed you'll be able to use it.
Or as I had to do, use the local library and sent my CV's in for free!
on 15 January 2014
I didn't want to spend a fortune on a Word/Excel package and this Ability had good reviews, so thought I would give it a try.

It's practically the same as word and excel - same buttons everywhere and options, but just a third of the price.

Honestly, do not bother buying expensive word suites, because with this there really isn't any difference.
on 9 June 2013
As other reviewers have said, if you just want basic office software you cannot go wrong with this. My only gripe would be, unless I have been particularly stupid, is that you cannot set it for English UK spelling so you do have to be careful if you are fanatical about this aspect of your work. All in all, excellent!
on 17 January 2013
I have found this completely as I would have wished, to date. There is no significant difference with any other Word processor or Spread Sheet package, ONLY THE PRICE, and this is the best of all. This product allows me to import and export documents, spredsheets via e-mail etc. i would say you cannot lose at this value!
on 12 August 2012
This company deserves a medal for producing such a cheap and reliable alternative to Microsoft Office or Works .
I must admit I haven't used it very extensively , but have found it ( so far ) to be far more reliable than the 'OpenOffice' freeware suite , and at only around £5 I would recommend this to anybody who needs such software.
on 29 March 2013
I was surprised to get so much in the one package at the price: Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Powerpoint, Photo Editor, Photo Album and Drawing Program. It installed and seems to work fine on my new Windows 8 computer though it is a 2009 version, the only drawback is that the Word Program does not open docx files. I know there is a current version for Windows 8 but it was unclear from the Amazon Product Details which version this was. Still, at the price (£8.49) I am happy so far.