Format: DVD|Change

on 19 January 2016
Very poor , kids were bored silly. dustbin I'm afraid.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 June 2015
Such dull stories and such poor animation.
on 25 November 2012
Just the perfect DVD for the little ones. Gentle and easy for them to understand, without being 'gooey'! Good and proper English, without the 'American' treatment. My kids enjoyed it when they were little and now my grandchildren are enjoying these stories too. Highly recommend this DVD if you are looking for excellent 'old-fashioned' entertainment for any toddler.
on 3 May 2012
This set contains all the episodes from the 1970s Paddington series, narrated perfectly by the late Sir Michael Hordern. Lovely escapism for the harrassed parent and, at around 5 minutes each, short enough for even the fidgetiest of young bottoms.

And of course the definitive version of "Singing in the Rain" to boot - what more could you ask?
on 13 September 2013
I was a bit worried that my 2yr old would not love this like I did when I was little...wrong! He was enchanted, especially the episode where Paddington has a bath, he was chuckling away. Don't get me wrong, some of the modern kids TV shows are ok, but they are often loud, noisy and sickeningly moralistic. Paddington is just a little bear who loves marmalade and has a knack for getting into scrapes. Fabulous collection of episodes from the very first one where the Brown's find Paddington at the station. Nice gentle kids TV that I can sit and watch with him. Lovely!
on 22 December 2010
This DVD is superb! It has kept my 2 year old amused over and over agin, plus I've enjoyed watching it too. The stories are short so a child's attention is captured for the duration and you can control how much TV they watch by running one, two or more stories at a time, which is great as most modern DVD's are so long that the kids either lose interest half way through or get square eyes. The stories are innocent but engaging and I can't recommend highly enough if you're sick of watching DVD's with high tech whizz bang CGI.
on 16 July 2015
I wanted to introduce my grandchildren to Paddington Bear which my own children enjoyed all those years ago. The DVD series was nostalgic for me but rather old fashioned in the eyes of a four year old who couldn't understand why the characters' mouths weren't moving when they spoke. Michael Horden's story telling requires lots of concentration and I did feel we needed to watch it together, which in my opinion is a good thing to do with little ones.
on 25 December 2014
Who needs the film?

This is the original and the best as narrated by Michael Horden . This is the classic series. It's time for a rerun on Cbeebies.
on 19 April 2012
Well the kids were given this as a present. The 4 and 6 year old were giggling and sat entertained. Very nostalgic, and old classic.
on 30 April 2014
The Paddington stories are just as much fun as I remember them from when I was a child, but my son does not seem interested in them at all. I suppose children's TV has moved on and become faster paced, digital etc.
it's a pity really.
The films are in good quality, the sound is good quality and if you think your child is more patient than mine, I do recommend it.