on 3 July 2012
The device itself works fine, and was happy with that. The Zune software, however, is not so good. It will go through and re-classify all your mp3 files without your permission. There is a way to disable this, however it forced me to upgrade my zune software, then went out and changed all my files again. I called Microsoft Zune support, and got routed to someone that barley spoke English, and dropped my call. Ended up returning the device, will look at getting an iPod. Is fine if you don't have many mp3's already, but if you do, be careful because will change how you have them saved on your PC.
on 13 August 2009
Zune 30GB is a great multi media player for musics, videos and JEPGs. i had this player for about a year and half now and it still going strong. zune was only available in US and Canada so when i go mine i had to ship it from US.

The good:
zune supports most of the music formats which is useful for windows users it also has radio and wifi( but you'll never use it) . the menu big enough to see and easy to navigate around , the 2.5 inch screen allows you to watch your videos which is better than the ipod classic's screen also the price is good for the massive 30gb space.

The bad:
Battery life isn't very good on this 1st gen eventually you will have to charge it every day. i don't really mind the size of this gen but i think Microsoft can do a bit improvement with it.
on 14 April 2009
And I love it.

30GB of space though, my music collection has expanded and 30gb doesn't cut it, so I'm ordering the Zune 120.

I would recommend one of the newer Zune models now, but this device has served my well for two years of constant use, with NO, and I mean NO scratchs. The glass is very scratch resistant.
on 27 January 2012
I bought these for my son just this christmas, he absolutely loves it he's got tons of songs on it, he's also some how managed to get games on it, although there is already games on it checkers, chess ect keeps him occupied!

The interface on it makes it really simple and user friendly myself not really knowing too much about gadgets used it and found it easy to browse/put songs on!

Mine came with the player and usb since it was a factory pair, and i bought my own headphones, earphones i feel just don't give you the sound quality a headphone would you'll notice the sound difference if you compare the 2.

I remember when these zunes first came out aswell there were about £200~ now you can get a factory pair for about £60-£70 bargain i think.

I would recomend these gems to any music lover.
on 31 March 2015
Unfortunately its no longer made. Shame really...
on 4 February 2009
I have had my zune now for 18 months and absolutely adore it. Holds my whole collection of music and photos - lovely big screen. I have speakers for it so use it as my c.d. player in the house and can take my whole collection of c.d.s with me wherever i go. I have tought one of those tape/cassette adaptors so I can use it with my car radio. I just plug the adaptor into the headphone slot. I can't say anything technical about it - just that I LOVE it! Great quality of music.
on 9 March 2012
Despite the awkwardness of the Zune I purchased coming in a telephone box with no instructions, this Zune has so far proven to be more suited to my needs than my Ipod Touch.

The Zune is a music and video player that, although it was hard to get started with, has proven so far to work fairly well. It plays my music and lets me watch my videos, and it's got a lot of memory (I've put my entire music collection onto my Zune, as well as 12 episodes of my favourite TV show, it still has 11gb remaining!)

Don't let the lack of a real Zune box get you down, I'd recommend this to anyone who's looking for a music player.
on 26 January 2010
i absolutly loved the novelty of the Zune, looks amazing, sounds amazing and best thing of all its not an ipod. Unfortunatly my first generation zune was sat on and so the screen was cracked, this was only recently after i hade purchased it. This didn't stop me from using it however and up until this day, almost 5 years after purchase, it is still being used. If you want a new mp3 player sure you can go and be like everyone else and have a sub standard ipod but i say buy the microsoft zune for hours more fun
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2014
The seller was watford-d the item never turned up very disappointed.
I do have a zune and this was ment to be a second one for the to be in the car. The zune's are brilliant, Watford-d is crap
on 22 April 2009
Zune 120GB I love my zune, bought it when i was away last year, it has not crashed or become slow and jaded like my i*od had.
I link this wirelessly to my xbox 360 and my pc and it becomes my media player i can send photos and songs to friends when out or in the gym, the screen is crystal clear, and the scrolling function is responsive. I even bought the Halo 30gb version when that first came out because it was a niche when all my friends had other less well made(hint) music players.

A real winner