Customer reviews

Facing You
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 October 2017
Jarrett's piano playing is masterful, although I found the composition erratic and very inferior to his later and more harmonious work. The real bugbear is recording quality with the overall sound quite harsh and brittle. I was very disappointed overall, not least because I purchased this without the usual Amazon track sampling being available, relying instead on other reviewers. Apparently a mistake, but then perhaps my hi-fi is just inferior?
on 6 January 2016
Maybe not the best record of this remarkable jazz artist, but definitely good enough to have it in your collection.
on 9 January 2015
Up there and close to the Koln concert etc. One of his best discs ever.
on 16 November 2014
at his best - a recording to return to throughout your life
on 18 September 2014
One of the seminal pieces of piano playing
on 17 June 2015
Wonderful music - relaxing yet quietly stimulating.
on 3 October 2016
ok
on 21 May 2015
A big Jarrett fan who came to this album quite late, I was taken aback by what I had been missing and now cannot imagine life without it. Not a single weak track Recorded in the early seventies, this is Jarrett feeling his way towards the future of La Scala, Koln and even, one of my own personal favorites, The Melody At Night With You. All the signs are there. A real treat!
on 8 January 2001
I remember first hearing this first solo album by Keith Jarrett way back in 1983, along with the Koln Concert. Looking back, it is a peculiar album as each piece presents, in compact form, many of what were to be some of Jarrett's trade mark elements. It would repay anyone to buy it and return to it now though, as it contains some haunting moments. Some of the pieces have an atmosphere that I don't think Jarrett ever re-created in his longer concert performances. CD sound quality, as in all ECM recordings, is also absolutely first class.
on 20 October 2005
Like the first reviewer said, this was for me also my first encounter with Jarrets work, and I must say I was blown away with it, I never heard any one play the piano like this before.And I would agree that with the exception of the koln concert I have yet to find anything by him that I can compare. In Front is exceptional in its driving force and improvised segments, the audio clip here does not do it justice. If you ever liked the sound of the solo piano you must buy this record, simple as that.