on 14 August 2009
I don't think these are a placebo. Whether they actually help you lose weight or not is up for debate, but after taking them they definitely produce an effect in 'motions'...so they're doing something....

I like them anyway. They seem to suppress my appetite, which is helpful.
on 7 April 2009
It's not often I am moved enough by any product to write a review, but Formoline L112 is different. I have been prompted to write after I got a pleasant surprise on the scales this morning!
I chose Formoline after doing extensive research into weight-management, I had hit a wall with my own weight loss programme, and decided I needed a little help. Formoline seemed to be the one that didn't promise massive weight loss, and didn't blow its own trumpet, so I figured I wouldn't be too let down by its promises if it didn't work.
Formoline contains a fibre called Polyglucosamine, which has a high fat-binding capacity. In effect, it absorbs a proportion of the fats that you consume and renders them indigestible, hence the fats are passed through your system, and the calories that you take from food are reduced.
Formoline is quite clear that it only works with foods of a high-fat content (sausages, butter, crisps, etc), and not carbohydrates from sweet, sugary food, which, when you think about it makes sense.
On to my experience: I have taken Formoline for five days so far, taking two tablets with two meals a day. I have, as yet, experienced no lasting unpleasant side-effects, apart from a raging thirst when I know I have not drunk enough water. This, I imagine, is the key to Formoline working - you have to drink 4 to 5 pints of water a day to flush your system out, like a mini detox.
After the first couple of days I did experience some painful stomach cramps, but I would think that was my body telling me I had not drunk enough, and after righting that my stomach has been fine.
To the crux of the matter: after taking Formoline for five days I have lost nearly four pounds. Please bear in mind that I was already trying to lose weight, so my diet had been modified (slightly) prior to taking Formoline, and I had already cut out cakes, biscuits, etc, and my usual rate of weight loss was between one and two pounds a week, depending on whether or not I made it to the Gym.
Does Formoline work? Well it does so far for me. I wouldn't call it a miracle, because the science is quite clear, and you do have to moderate your diet in order for the pills to work. But at the price it's being sold here, I'd recommend anybody to give it a go - you get 12 days worth in a box, and from what I've seen it works out a lot cheaper than some other products on the market.
I haven't given it 5 stars because I'm so early into the programme, maybe I'll give it a few weeks, and come back and change it!
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2011
Took these for a few weeks and noticed good weight loss at first but then it really slowed down. They are easy to take but for the price I would recommend lipobind as much cheaper and just as effective in my opinion. Another good point about formoline is that it bulks in your stomach so you feel fuller much quicker.
on 19 March 2014
Lulls you in to a false sense of security and you put all the weight you lost straight back on after you stop taking them. I would strongly dissuade anyone from considering this, it won't help you.
on 19 December 2011
These are a bit expensive and didnt actually work. Well you loose a couple of pounds then put it stright back on again
on 16 March 2012
I was using Formoline L112 4 years ago. and trust me i tried a lot of pills with hope to loose weight, none of them didnt work. after i found in a magazine about formoline, wasnt sure do i wanna spend more money or I need just a diet and an exercises. but any way I bought it, used all 48 pills, didnt have any side effect. after takin pills 30 min before my food I felt full couldnt eat usual portion of food plus i started do exercises, no snacks and I lost weight! so it actualy helps! but we dont need just drink a pills and think we will loose weight, we need put some effort in that aswell :)) I'm gonna buy again :)
on 30 September 2013
It is exactly what we need and wanted. It works very well, and we can absolutely recommand it to other people
on 24 June 2014
Thought it was a waste of money ,gave my awful constipation also , won't be using this product again !
on 30 July 2009
I tried Formoline when it first came out and lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks, more importantly, following the instructions for maintaining weight, I've maintained my lower weight for the last 2 years using it occasionally when I have a big or fatty meal.

I did not modify my diet as I wanted to assess the genuine effect of the product. What I found was little impact until around 7-10 days, when I started to lose weight noticeably.

I found it was important to drink plenty of water, I did get more thirsty. The only other change I noticed can most politely be described as a "firming of the stool", but not to a degree where it was inconvenient. (A friend of mine with Crohn's disease who used the product actually found this to be a positive benefit!)

I don't have the best diet, not too much sugar or snacking, but I do eat too much red meat and other high-fat food and I find Formoline is perfect for getting and keeping my weight down without having to cut out all the treats.
on 26 September 2014
I followed the instructions precisely, also changed my diet and exercise program, but it had absolutely no effect on my weight. Basically it was as if I wasn't taking anything... nothing changed (to be fair I also didn't experience any side-effects). I'm sticking to what I know best now: exercise more, eat healthier!