Format: DVD|Change

on 3 February 2007
I rented this from Amazonj recently, being an avid Chris Morris fan, and I'm definitely going to buy it! At first I wasn't sure though, I've been under alot of stress at work recently, worrying, sleepless nights etc. and I was hoping for something to cheer me up, So it took me a couple of viewings to warm to it, on the first viewing, there were only a few sketches that made me laugh: Killroy losing his mind, the bloke who's car has been shrunk, "F***ING NODDY?!", but sketches like the one with the plumber, the really dark ones, made me feel kind of depressed, and I had to put some Fawlty Towers on to lighten things up.

On the second viewing however, I discovered more comedy genius that had me in tears, the lizards in the TV was hilarious! o on the whole, I highly recommend it, but if you're unhappy, its unlikely to cheer you up.
on 28 January 2015
Incredibly funny pich-black comedy that still makes me laugh and cringe 15 years after I first saw it.
on 9 September 2003
Chris Morris is a very clever man indeed. On the surface, his material seems edgy, dark, subversive, etc, etc. With a closer look, though - its pretty traditional comedy just packaged differently. Its supposed inaccessibility to the 'average comedy fans' is probably more to do with their inability, or unwillingness, to venture into a different comic frame of reference.
That it reveals such is not sufficient for it to be described as subversive. In my opinion, its a real giggle - and pretty childish in places (one of its real strengths). There's a certain naivety running through it, which seems to enable the use of virtually any subject matter in its comic efforts.
Whether Morris has succeeded in looking beyond the world of appearances, I don't know. But if he has, whatever lies there must be incredibly silly - and very funny indeed.
on 10 November 2005
Some of the most daring sketch ideas i ever watched on telly. Absolutely brilliant.
on 19 July 2010
Missed it when it was first aired.
Jam is now a classic surreal comedy.
10/10
on 1 December 2015
Very dark and very funny

This is brass eye turned to a 11
on 2 March 2017
If your into weird disturbingly funny stuff this is the DVD for you
on 28 October 2006
Dab away all the sap of discussion and this is what Jam boils down to: it rubs at the membrane of morality, bringing into dizzying, appalling focus the taboos and quotidian tensions of our times. It is the embodiment of everything a society that subscribes to free speech should be able to say without fear of opprobrium.

And it features the finest screen GP ever created, Doc Cock. David Cann, I salute you.
on 19 April 2003
The sheer audacity of Christopher Morris. Entertaining us all with highly intelligent political satire, not just another Rory Bremner here. Then along he comes with this odd jumble of humour that works above the levels of the newspapers scrutiny. It seems that this is Morris' true calling, that The Day Today and Brasseye were just ways of funding shows like Jam, and Blue Jam. How else would such ingenious, bizarre, horror-comedy find it's way on to British Terrestrial television?
Jam is extremely selective, I'll admit that, and you have to be the right type of person not to feel either offended or bored with this "mong-comedy". But if you're ready to feel Jam, then this DVD is for you.
Approach with Caution.
on 18 November 2015
buy this if you can handle it it is chris morries