Customer reviews

Totes W/light Auto O/C Double Canopy Blk/charcoal Black/ Charcoal 7017BCH One Size
Size: N/A|Colour: Black/ Charcoal|Change
Price:£19.99+ Free shipping

on 5 June 2012
Ordered this umbrella for my 12 year old daughter for traveling to and from school after ordering and returning a different umbrella (reviewed separately): STAYDRY AUTO OPEN AIR VENTED WINDPROOF UMBRELLA-Sky Blue.

Since her last umbrella (cheap, standard type) was ruined by the wind during a rain storm, we both agreed a sturdy, wind-proof replacement would be the most sensible choice. She wanted an automatic umbrella as sometimes she is loaded down with so many bags (school books, projects, P.E. bag etc) she barely has one hand free to operate it.

After our last experience I wanted to check out this umbrella very thoroughly before giving it to my daughter.

What can I say. This umbrella is excellent. Very sturdily made and works perfectly. The handle is a decent size, rubberized and comfortable (even for my large hands) and has a quality wrist strap. The frame is very well made with solid splines and joins. Even the umbrella fabric is good quality and the colours are much better in the flesh than in the product pictures.

The auto open/close function works well, although it takes a bit more pressure on the top-half of the button to operate the close function on this unit. Don't know if they are all like that or just this one.

For anyone expecting it to automatically fully close, this is not the case. It is just the canopy that collapses into the closed position - you still have to manually push the handle and canopy section together to collapse the telescopic shaft in order to return the umbrella to its pre-opened size. This is not a complaint - posted for your info only.

My daughter keeps it in her school bag and the rubber on the bottom corner-edge of the handle has begun to rub off, but I guess this is because it is constantly rubbing against her books/inside of her school bag. The rest of the handle is fine and still offers a comfortable and secure grip.

Overall a great umbrella and highly recommended.
on 5 September 2015
Great hasn't let me down, fits in my bag and performs as well as my large double canopy hunter umbrella in wind and rain.
on 13 October 2017
I stayed dry
on 26 September 2017
Bought to replace a lost one the same. Great for all wet and windy days. Quick delivery too.
on 24 August 2017
You have to push the button twice for it to open. I am not impressed.
on 22 August 2015
Does what it says on the tin!
on 7 October 2010
I loved this umbrella when I first received it and thought it was just what I had been looking for. It looked sturdy enough for a windy day, had a button on the handle to open it fast and was a good size for one person. I also liked the colours of grey and black, which go with just about anything and are equally practical for a male or female.

However, after using it on a windy and rainy day recently, I'm disappointed to see that it's starting to come apart a little at one of the points on the top where the material overlaps. The brollie does "jolt" a fair amount when you open it with the button and this could be the problem, but it does point to a design fault.

It's not cheap for the price and I'm left wondering if I should take a needle and thread to it to try and repair it, or go through the hassle of returning it.

From what I've seen so far, I would not recommend it.
on 12 October 2011
This is the 3rd of these that I've bought, having lost one and given one to my daughter who coveted mine.Who would think you could get excited about an umbrella, but I really do think this one is worth the premium. The design really does seem to cope better with windy conditions, it feels more substantial than the average umbrella. The auto open/close is great to keep you dry when getting out of and into the car on a wet day in Glasgow. Can't recommend it highly enough. Shame it doesn't come in other colours.
on 31 October 2011
This umbrella is brilliant, it never blows inside out no matter how strong the wind and keeps out all the rain. It is small enough for inside your handbag and not to heavy - best umbrella ever boughtTotes W/light Auto O/C Double Canopy Umbrella
on 23 July 2017