Customer reviews

Merrell Moab Gore-Tex, Men's Lace-Up Low Rise Hiking Shoes - Beluga, 10.5 UK (45 EU)
Size: 10.5 UK|Colour: Grey (Beluga)|Change
Price:£86.95+ Free shipping

on 23 August 2017
These are really great for walking and running in all weathers. Very comfortable and give excellent support. I even wear them for golf on dry summers days. They do have one design weakness. The inner lining where the heel sits is of a soft but not very hard wearing construction. Thus is the second pair of these particular shoes I have had and in both this part of the lining has worn through. I think it is because this part of the inner heel gets rubbed as you put on and take off the shoes. A bit of redesign needed here Merrell!
on 16 April 2016
As usual with Merrell's I ordered 1 size larger but they have changed a lot in terms of width now. I have bought Merrell's for many many years but this pair and another I bought of a different type have now convinced me to find another make. The length I have always accepted as being 1 size out at the very least but now that the shoe width has shrunk as well it makes for an uncomfortable hiking shoe. I guess if you have slim small feet you will be fine but not for me anymore. Still hunting looking for a replacement that gives back that width. Such a shame as they have always been such a good comfortable shoe straight out of the box.
on 14 September 2014
Fit great, look good, wear well.

I have been wearing Merrell MOABs for years but these were the first pair of the GTX version that I'd had. They fit the same and are just as comfortable as the others but I find that the fact that they are water resistant also means that they are draft proof and therefore warmer during the winter months.

The support provided is good and they feel like they will go on for miles - in fact they already have.
The Vibram sole gives good grip in most circumstances, obviously they can't perform miracles though but they do seem to make the best of whatever grip is available.

I'll no doubt be ordering a new pair well before my old ones wear out.
on 10 August 2017
The Merrell is a tight fit and choosing a half size increase seems to do the trick. As with my previous Merrell shoes you do not need to break them which are a tribute to their construction. As far as waterproofing goes.... you need to be sensible and not get in longer grass. Overall, a high standard shoe that should give you support and trouble free walking.
on 22 March 2014
I bought these because a much older pair were shabby from being used on a site, but were much more comfortable than any conventional shoe I had had. I had to buy a size bigger than my normal size as that was on the old ones label ( I had bought them in a shop), and they fitted fine and were comfortable on the first day. I spend all day on my feet and travel a lot of miles around my workplace and abroad and they are still after a month doing really well. They were expensive I thought, but well worth the extra compared to other shoes I have bought before and which were often uncomfortable for everyday use.
on 20 July 2015
This review is identical to my posting for the Moab GTX UK12, as follows. I normally wear UK size 10 wide or 10.5 normal. Following others recommendations to get a larger size in the Moab I ordered UK12 but unfortunately the shores were too large. Amazon were excellent in reimbursing me for sending these back and then ordered the UK11.5. These replacements fit perfectly and are very comfortable. I highly recommend.
on 17 April 2016
I'm a size 8 in Converse, 8.5 in most other brands (Nike etc), Read other peoples reviews who generally said to go a size large, so went for a size 9, however found this was way too big. Replaced this with an 8.5 and fits perfectly.

As for the shoe itself, i've yet to go walking far in them, but so far, just trying them on and inspecting them, they appear to be very good quality. Will update this review when I test them out in Japan for 2weeks next month
on 15 April 2015
Great shoe but they don't last. 18 months and the sole is coming off, without excessive use. If £80 for a pair of shoes to last 18 months is ok, then go for it. I expect longer for the price. Update. Bought a 2nd pair last August (2015). They have lasted a year. They are still the most comfortable walking shoe I've owned, but they simply don't last much longer than a year. I expect to be updating this next year after my 3rd pair no doubt...
on 14 March 2017
Very comfy. Laces come undone a bit too often. Didn't need wearing in. Good for walking on hard surfaces.
on 11 August 2017
as everybody else has said get a size bigger than normal and you will probably have the correct size
They are comfortable and light without the taint of dork many walking shoes have, what's not to love.