This computer stand is an example of how strong plastic can be made if manufactured using quality processes.
It even has a metal reinforcement on the underside of where you will place your laptop to increase stability and product strength.
Connecting the two pieces of plastic that work as side trays is a bit fiddly on one side on my unit,but it eventually clicks in.
There is also an anti-slip rubber mat that fits perfectly into a preformed recess as your platform base.
Because this is flat it does not obscure the computer vents in any way.
Ideal for web-browsing in bed without cooking your pricey laptops cpu!
Overall a classy stand for people who need portability and also want to have something solid to work on literally anywhere in the home - with a little storage as an extra.
Fully collapsable with rubber contacts to aid in keeping it still on most surfaces.
This will last years
on 17 November 2012
I bought this to avoid stooping to view my laptop screen. It has brought it up to a nice height (I use a plugged-in keyboard) to view and freed-up room beneigh to slot my keyboard under (despite my keyboard being quite large). It is nicely robust and easy to open and use. I originally slotted-in the side shelves for mouse or pens etc., but since their use is optional I have now removed them as I don't really need them. I think it is good value for money.
on 23 April 2016
Great monitor platform, well made and sturdy. I've got it 2-3 years ago and still now it's in perfect condition! Perfect height as well (I was worried it would be too high).
on 24 August 2013
Makes using a laptop easy and comfortable . No neck pain . Handy shelves on side for cup of tea
on 11 September 2012
I hesitated buying this product (or similar) for some time as I was skeptical as to the extent to which it would actually make a positive difference. Well, I'm glad to say that it does as my laptop has been elevated to the height of a desktop and, with a separate keyboard, my desk is now a far more comfortable place to work! Here are some of the key points from my point of view:
i) My 17" Toshiba Satellite fits on it perfectly (an initial reservation was that it would not!)
ii) Good space underneath for keyboards/USB hub/external storage/notepad etc etc
iii) Little shelves (I just use one of them) on the side/s come in very handy but, as I have, you can remove them fairly easily if you need a bit of extra space.
iv) It's very stable and easily-collapsible (which, while somewhat contradictory, is true!)
v) A nice surprise when I saw the product were the holes at the bottom of each leg and at the back of the stand where wires can be neatly arranged. You can just about make out the side ones in the picture but the one at the back is particularly useful.
vi) Perhaps most importantly (and mentioned at the start), the product makes me more comfortable at my desk as I don't have to look down all the time in a hunched position. This is especially so with a separate keyboard/mouse, which I would strongly recommend because, while it is possible to type for short amounts of time in the elevated position, I imagine it would become quite uncomfortable on the wrists quite quickly!

My only (very minor) reservation about the product is the lack of any sort of cooling system (vents etc) on the underside but, frankly, really not something to worry about I don't think as it's certainly no worse than it being on your wooden desk and, while I haven't done this myself, I'm sure that some of the cooling products you can buy (USB fans/cooling mats etc) would be fine below your laptop on top of this stand.

Completely recommend giving this a go; especially considering the price (I bought it for £17.42) as I really do feel it made my laptop a more comfortable place to be and, as the title suggests, it now feels far more like a desktop only with the portability intact!
on 3 March 2012
I have a home office and bought this primarily to raise the height of my laptop on the desk as I felt like I was getting neckache!

It's actually freed up space too and the keyboard can go underneath. I was a bit worried it would look plastic and horrible but actually it's well made, solid and looks smart.

Worth the money.
Because this is flat it does not obscure the computer vents in any way.
Ideal for web-browsing in bed without cooking your pricey laptops cpu!
This will last years
22 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2011
I receive this item last week in the post.

It arrived well packaged and on time.

When I opened it - it does exactly what was stated on the package and the product description It is firm and sturdy and perfect for the bedroom especially if you do not have a table.

I love it and I have recommended it to friends and family.
on 9 September 2011
I use my laptop as a desktop at home and always wanted a docking station to make it more comfortable, this along with Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 - Black achieves that for a fraction of the price! Easy to use and folds up to store away, just perfect....
on 25 August 2009
Does exactly wat it says and looks and feels very sturdy. And the item arrived on schedule. thank you.