Customer reviews

on 11 August 2012
Wanted to replace the dimmer switch i've had for 20years.On checking local stores amazed at the price,checking on line could buy 3 for same price as 1.Thought the quality would be poor,took a
chance bought 2 the quality is execellent and expect them to also last more than 20 years.A VERY GOOD BUY WITH THE HELP OF AMAZON
on 2 October 2017
As others have commented there is a lot of noise from this switch which can be really irritating as it can be that loud! I replaced the old switch purely because it had faded in colour and as I was decorating the room wanted a nice new switch. I didn't have any buzzing before replacing the switch. If you are installing this in a room where you want no distractions like a study or home office then I would probably spend more, however I can live with the noise as it is in the living room so when the TV is on or the kids are running about I don't hear it.
on 2 June 2013
I wondered if this was going to be one of my famous '5 minute jobs' (that take two hours). Lo and behold, it was a 5 minute job. It works well, looks good, arrived in good time and the wife is happy.
on 6 April 2016
This is nice enough and easy to fit, but within a couple of months the knob had split and fallen off. It's not like it takes a great deal of abuse so not sure why that happened. Will try and glue it back together but given the price I'll probably just end up replacing it with another brand.
on 11 November 2016
Lasted about 4 hours and then died.

I have a set of spotlights running of it, in total 400W. This is rated 400W so should have been fine. It wasn't. Sent it back for a refund.
on 10 October 2015
This does buzz! but fairly quietly, if your room is silent you will hear it. I have tested against a £28 fitting from B&Q and this was quieter.

I would have starred higher but something else annoys me about this dimmer, you can see the big hex nut between the knob and the fascia really clearly when you walk past the dimmer. The hex nut is silver and stands out which just makes the switch look cheap!
on 9 April 2016
Does what it says. I installed this .... whatever it's called, clapped my hands and the lights didn't turn on! Twisted the little nob and bam! Let there be light! Of all shades and fades!
on 19 March 2015
This is a replacement for an identical item which only lasted about 18 months. However, they're incredibly easy to fit so it's a simple case of "you pay your money and you take your choice". I'm happy to stick with them.
on 16 December 2015
Adds a great ambiance to my front room and bedroom, though be sure to buy higher wattage bulbs to accommodate the dimmer or you'll be getting disco lights. NOT suitable for energy saving bulbs, though is as good as an energy saver when dimmed.
on 22 August 2016
Didn't work at all. Cheap you know what.